Without a doubt, an Apple AirTag is an extremely handy tool that allows the user to keep track of their stuff. All you need to do is to attach an AirTag to anything you keep missing out on every now and then. And, using the AirTag you can track the particular item in Find My app on your iPhone.
Here in this article, we will provide you a guide on how to find lost AirTags without an iPhone.
It also allows you to track down your Apple devices and get in touch with friends/family.
However, if you have lost an item with an AirTag then let’s learn how you can find lost AirTags Without an iPhone.
Well, we are quite aware that it sounds ridiculous that firstly, you’re using AirTags to not forget or lose your important things, and then suddenly by mistake, your AirTags are missing or lost.
But we must bring it to your notice that such things do happen. Either a person’s stuff goes missing or both the stuff and AirTag are missing.
We entirely comprehend that one can’t set up new AirTags without an iPhone as of now, you can still access the ‘Find My’ feature of AirTags on your Mac almost.
So without any further ado, let’s learn how to find lost AirTags without using an iPhone.
How to Find Lost AirTags Without an iPhone
However, it seems that with a Mac, you can’t really play a sound on a nearby AirTag or use the ‘Precision Finding’ feature on your iPhone. But you can always use two major functions such as ‘Checking for directions’ and activating ‘Lost Mode’ on your missing or lost AirTags.
Meaning that if you own a Mac then you can follow the steps below to find out missing AirTags in a jiffy.
Be sure to always keep updated your macOS version/build to get additional features, stability, and performance on the go.
- In the first step, you have to press the ‘Command + Space bar’ keys on your Mac.
- Next you have to search for the ‘Find My’ app and open it.
- Once you have launched the Find My app, you’ll be headed over to the ‘Devices’ section where you can find out your “Find My-enabled” Apple devices. But you won’t find AirTags here.
- So, now go to the ‘Items’ section to view the information.
- Next, make sure to select your particular AirTag from the left pane and the precise location of that AirTag will be indicated on the map.
- If your AirTags isn’t within the range of any Apple devices, then you’ll only be shown the “last seen” info (place and time).
- Then click on the AirTag icon on the map > Click on the ‘i’ icon to get access to the additional options.
- Now, you have to click on Directions if you want the map directions of the location where your AirTag went missing.
- However, incase you’re only seeing the ‘Last Seen’ status with location and you cannot find your AirTag there, then it’s better to click on ‘Enable’ under “Lost Mode”.
- Now, a window will pop up on your screen displaying a message that “what will happen?” info in brief. Just click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Next, you have to enter your contact number or an email address so that you’ll be contacted if anyone finds your lost AirTag. You can also add a brief message for the lost AirTag.
- In this step, click on the ‘Next’ button to continue > Then make sure to enable the ‘Notify When Found’ checkbox by clicking on it and click on ‘Activate’.
You are done if you have followed the above-given steps carefully.
How To Disable AirTags Lost Mode on Mac (Without iPhone)
Now that you have found your lost AirTags, you should remove the shared contact information as it’s no longer required.
So it is highly recommended to disable AirTags Lost Mode using Mac by following the steps below:
- In the first step, you’ll find out a red lock icon for the recovered AirTag that you have set as lost previously.
- Now, you just have to open the Find My app on your Mac and click on ‘Enabled’ under Lost Mode.
- Next, you’ll have to click on the ‘Turn Off Lost Mode’ option to remove the information you’ve chosen before to share your contact details. you chose to share.
- Once done, your recovered AirTag is now ready to use again.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section to discuss with us.