Over a couple of years, the designs of foldable phones have been tremendously changed both in terms of durability and popularity.
Motorola Razr 5G is a second-gen foldable phone that has been launched by Motorola back in September 2020.
Here, you will learn how you can root and unlock the bootloader of your Motorola Razr 5G.
However, before we head to the section explaining the guide that is going to help you in unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device, let us tell you briefly about the key features of the Motorola Razr 5G.
Key Features of Motorola Razr 5G
- The device packs a 6.20-inch touchscreen primary display with a resolution of 2142×876 pixels and it also features a 2.70-inch touchscreen as its second display.
- It runs Android 10 and sports a 2800mAh battery.
- It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor, comes with 8GB RAM, and packs 256 GB inbuilt storage.
- Coming to the optics, the device on the rear packs a 48-megapixel camera with an f/1.7 aperture and a pixel size of 1.6-micron, and as for the front camera, it sports a 20-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a pixel size of 1.6-micron.
- Sensors on the phone include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
Motorola Razr 5G is one successful series and we may see some more devices being launched under the same series.
If you wish to have access to root files and want advanced customization features then rooting is the best option.
Since custom ROMs are not available for many Motorola phones, Root access allows users to enjoy the latest Android features and you can follow this guide for all the devices launched under Motorola Razr 5G.
Rooting your device will enable you to enjoy various new features such as custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more.
However, unlocking the bootloader is the first essential in order to root your phone.
So, first, you have to unlock your bootloader.
Steps To Unlock The Bootloader Motorola Razr 5G
All the Android phones have a locked bootloader by default.
However, you can get an unlocked version from some carriers.
Luckily, Motorola allows you to easily unlock bootloader.
But we must bring it to your notice that it follows a unique method, we will share how to unlock the bootloader of the Motorola Razr 5G.
Follow the below-given steps to unlock the bootloader of your Motorola Razr 5G:
- In the first step, we advise you to take a full backup of your phone as unlocking the bootloader on Motorola Razr 5G will wipe off all the data present on your phone.
- For the purpose of connecting your devices, you must install ADB & Fastboot drivers and Motorola USB Driver on your PC.
- In this step, go to the settings option on your device and go to About Phone. Tap about 7-8 times on Build Number, and a message will begin to display that ‘You are now a developer.’
- Once you have enabled the developer option, go back to Settings and then go to System > Developer Options. In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Now, turn off your device.
Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Motorola Razr 5G into Fastboot Mode.
- As the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both the buttons. Now, connect your phone to your PC after booting into Fastboot.
- In this step, you have to open the Command window or CMD on your computer.
- Open Command window from Platform Tools location in case of macOS and Linux.
- Now, you have to enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- In this step, a 5 line code would be displayed.
Copy the code and make it in one line, you can use notepad for your convenience.
We must remind you not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in the case of Mac.
- Now, go to Motorola unlock page and click next, and now login with the Motorola account.
You have to copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in the Notepad and paste it into the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then, you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID). Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in the below command and press Enter
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Upon entering the above command will unlock the bootloader on Motorola Razr 5G.
The process will erase all the data on your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
Now that the bootloader on your phone is unlocked, your device is ready for the rooting process.
However, before we move forward to root the device, there are certain prerequisites.
- The most important requirement is to make sure to Unlock the Bootloader of the Motorola Razr 5G.
- We recommend you take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Motorola Razr 5G Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
Advantages Of Rooting
Before moving to the rooting process, let us inform you briefly about the advantages of rooting:
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
Steps To Root Motorola Razr 5G
Follow the below-given steps to root your device:
All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
- Copy the Motorola Razr 5G firmware to your computer and then extract the firmware using 7Zip or WinRAR.
- In the second step, find the boot.img file from the extracted folder and copy it to your phone storage.
- Now, you have to install the Magisk Manager application on your phone.
- Now, you have to open the Magisk Manager app and click on the first Install and again click on Install.
- It will ask for the method, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Now, you have to browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now, you have to copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- In this step, you have to enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window to check the connectivity of the device. Entering command should return some number id.
- Now, you have to enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Motorola Razr 5G.
- After being done with the process, reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager on your phone.
Skip if the app is already present and installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
To ensure that the rooting process is successful, you can check it in the root checker.
Now you can customize your device as you want and can also install Xposed Framework on your phone to enjoy the best Xposed Modules.
Rooting also allows you to block ads and remove the pre-installed applications from your phone.
Feel free to discuss your queries with us in the comment section.