Apple is one of those rare brands that upgrade the security of its gadgets with every latest update.
At present, iOS 14.6 is the latest update for iPhones, and in case if you have already updated your iPhone, it is quite a challenging task to jailbreak it.
In this article, we have come up with a step-by-step on how to Jailbreak iOS 14.6.
iPhones users have the privilege to Jailbreak their phones and enjoy certain advanced features which are not available on a regular iPhone.
Jailbreaking an iPhone support a lot of advanced modules that allow the users to access features that are not available by default.
If you are an Android phone user, then you can root your phone and techniques differ depending upon the brand.
Jailbreak an iPhone and rooting an Android device is very different from each other, but both unlock the features that are restricted by default.
We should be thankful for the existence of some good exploits like Checkra1n and Unc0ver that allow users to Jailbreak their iPhones.
If you frequently jailbreak your iPhone, then you must be aware of the trick which is not to update iPhones.
With the launch of each update, the Jailbreak gets revoked and so users need to Jailbreak their iPhones again.
Also, you might need the working exploit for the new iOS version.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.6
The latest update from apple i.e, iOS 14.6 has been launched and carries some amazing features and security updates.
So, if you lose the Jailbreak privilege, you can still Jailbreak iPhones X and older iPhones. In this article, we will provide you a step-by-step guide on how to use the Checkra1n for Jailbreaking iOS 14.6.
Disclaimer: This will not work on iPhone XS or newer phones.
It’s a semi-tethered method so if you restart your iPhone, you may need to install Cydia again to Jailbreak your iPhone.
Cydia will allow you to use tons of Tweaks to modify your iPhone.
Below we have provided you a list in which you can check the supported iPhones:
List of supported iPhones:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
For now, the listed iPhones are the only ones that support the Jailbreak method for iOS 14.6.
In case you are using an older iOS version, then I will suggest not upgrading your iPhone. Before we begin the Jailbreaking process, make sure to meet the prerequisites given below.
- First of all, you have to remove Touch ID, Passcode, Face ID, or any lock from your iPhone.
- The hack is applicable only on iPhones with A11 or older chips.
- It is highly recommended to take a full backup of your device.
- It requires a macOS or Linux-based PC.
- This guide can also be used for iOS 14.6 & older versions.
Steps to Install Checkra1n on macOS
The below-given information is for Mac users, so if you are one of them, make sure to follow the below-given steps carefully.
- First of all, you have to download the Checkra1n 0.12.4 or newer on your computer from the official site.
- Now, you have to copy the file to your Mac and double click on the downloaded dmg file. Drag the Checkra1n to Application, and it will start installing.
Replace the checkea1n if the older version is already installed.
- Before you open Checkra1n, you must go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Now, in the General tab below, you will see about Checkra1n that it’s not from an identified developer.
Click on Open Anyway.
- Once you are done, a pop-up for confirmation will appear, so click on Open.
- Now you can use the Checkra1n on your Mac.
If you have a Linux, then you can easily install it like the other software.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.6 with Checkra1n
- In the first step, you have to run the Checkra1n on your Mac or Linux.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your computer (Don’t use the dock for connecting).
The Checkra1n will detect your device.
- In this step, you have to check if your device appears in Finder.
If it asks to trust the device then click on the ‘Trust‘ button.
- You will see your device info on the Checkra1n.
Now, click on Start to begin the Jailbreak process.
- If the Start button is greyed out then go to Options > select ‘Skip A11 BPR check’ (for A11 device only) & ‘Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions’ then try again step 4.
- Now, you have to click on Next, and your iPhone will boot into ‘Recovery mode‘.
- Checkra1n will detect your phone in Recovery and provide instructions to boot into DFU mode.
- Following the steps, click on Start, then press & hold Volume down+ Side buttons together. After about 4 seconds, release the Side button and keep holding Volume down.
- You can release the Volume Down button once it shows the blue progress bar in Checkra1n.
- Wait for the process and once all done, the iPhone will boot into the system.
- Now unlock your iPhone and you will find the Checkra1n app on your App menu. Open the Checkra1n App. Also, make sure to connect your iPhone to the internet.
- In the Checkra1n, you will see Cydia, click on it and then click ‘Install Cydia.’
- After installing Cydia, open it from the App menu, and then go to the Changes section and Upgrade all selected modules.
- After upgrading modules, click on Restart SpringBoard.
Disclaimer: It is a semi-tethered method. So, each time you boot your iPhone, repeat the steps from opening Checkra1n on your macOS. You will not lose your data or customization through Cydia.
Now that your phone has been jailbroken, you can enjoy access to certain advanced features that needed a jailbreak.
You can customize your iPhone and you can also use various Cydia Modules for new features.
As you know iOS now comes with Widget, App drawer, and many other features. You can use different modules to get the most out of these features such as custom widgets on iPhones
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section to discuss with us.