It is being expected by Samsung that the OEM is on a mission to provide Android 11 updates to supported Galaxy phones. Almost every week, a new update for certain devices is being launched by Samsung.
But what to do in the cases when your Galaxy phone is not eligible for the Android 11 update.
Few such unlucky devices are Galaxy A7 and Galaxy A8 who are not going to get the update.
However, we have found a workaround using which you can enjoy the latest Android 11 on your phone.
Here in this article, we bring to you a step-by-step guide on how you can install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy A7/A8/A8+.
Galaxy A7 and Galaxy A8 are now considered as old devices and Samsung has officially shut down the updates for both the series.
To our surprise, none of these device received even the official Android 10 update.
And in this situation, custom development helps users to keep their phones updated with the latest Android in the market.
So if you want to try Android 11 on Galaxy A7 or A8, then there are no other options than GSI and custom ROM.
We feel pleasure to inform you that there is already a custom ROM available for Galaxy A7 and Galaxy A8 that brings Android 11 on both phones.
And the credit goes to the developer VDavid00 3for the Android 11 based Custom ROM for Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8, and Galaxy A8+.
The surprise does not end here only, the developer has also brought the latest One UI 3.1 update meaning that if you have a Galaxy A7 or Galaxy A8 device, you can taste the Android 11.
How You Can Install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy A7 & Galaxy A8 (Plus)
If you are familiar with custom ROMs beforehand, then you can easily install the TreeUI ROM on your phone.
However, you need not worry, even if it is not the case you can just simply follow the guide given below.
Make sure to check out the requirements before heading to the installation steps.
- Make sure you have downloaded Android 11 ROM for Galaxy A7/A8/A8+
- We recommend you take a full backup of your phone in case anything goes wrong.
- Check beforehand, if you have unlocked the Bootloader of Galaxy A7/A8/A8+, if not then make sure that you do.
- Install TWRP custom recovery on your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 60% or connect to a power source for the process
- The process works for models A530F, A530W, A730F, A750x.
As we have already mentioned that an unlocked Bootloader is essential, so make sure of that.
You can check our guides if you wish to unlock the Bootloader of your device.
How to Install One UI 3.1 on Galaxy A7/A8/A8+
- In the first step, you have to copy the downloaded TreeUI ROM+Vendor file to your Galaxy phone storage.
- Assuming that you have installed TWRP Recovery (make sure you install it),
If yes, make sure to power off your phone.
Then press & hold, Volume Up + Power button together.
- Next you have to release the buttons when Samsung/TWRP logo appears.
- It will boot the Galaxy A7 or A8 into the Recovery Mode.
- Now, you have to go to the Install option in TWRP Recovery.
- Now you have to select the Tree UI ROM zip file and flash it on your phone.
- After flashing the Android 11 ROM go back to TWRP home and choose the Wipe option.
- Swipe the slider to wipe data from your phone. Following which all the data from your phone will be deleted.
- Now go back to TWRP home and reboot into the system.
- You are done now, enjoy Android 11 on your device.
By following a similar process you can install Android 11 ports from different Galaxy phones like A51, S20, etc.
You could be confronted with minor bugs since TreeUI ROM is still in beta.
Try to use the latest build from the download link.
If you do try this workaround to run Android 11 on Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8, and Galaxy A8+ , then do share your experience with us.