NBA 2K21 is a basketball simulation video game that was developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports, based on the National Basketball Association (NBA). Just like every other game, this one is also prone to errors and one such bug is error code A40C9996.
If you are also one of those unfortunate players who have confronted this annoying error, then we are pleased to announce that we have come with certain solutions that will help you in fixing the Error Code A40C9996 occurring in NBA 2K21.
There could be various reasons behind the emergence of the error code A40C9996.
So far, there has been no official announcement from the 2k sports side about fixing this issue.
However, you do not have to worry since we have come up with the solutions that will fix your problem.
All you have to do is just to follow the below-given guide.
Solutions To Fix NBA 2K21 Error Code A40C9996
This game has many problematical issues, but eventually, it’s about the shekels.
This type of creepy issue that plagues the game is quite annoying.
However, you should go ahead and follow the above mentioned potential workarounds
Solution 1. Verify Server Status
There are times when the server issue might be the main cause of the error, so make sure to verify the status.
You should first check if any known or unknown server errors or problems are going on.
- You can check the server-related issue by checking the official website or official Twitter handle of NBA 2k21 once you’ve successfully checked the server-related issue and find that there no ongoing service maintenance.
- Then, you need to follow the next troubleshooting step to fix the NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996.
Solution 2: Restart Your Device to Fix Error Code A40C9996
Try restarting your PC, PS4 or Xbox one, or whichever device you are using and see if that will change anything.
Solution 3. Restarting the Game
Restarting the game is one of the most handy solution that can fix the issue.
- First of all, close the NBA 2k21 game and rerun it.
- Once it successfully launched on your device, check if you play the NBA 2k21 on Steam.
- Suppose you find that nothing happens. Then, you can also try restarting the Steam client using the task manager.
- However, to open the task manager, press and hold the control + alt + delete button from the keyboard.
- Then, close the Steam and rerun it.
- Now, launch the NBA game and see if the NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996 issue gets resolved.
However, in case restarting the game does not help you fix this issue.
Then, you can perform our next potential solution to resolve NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996.
Solution 4. Restart Your Modem or Router
If you are still struggling with the NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996, then you may try rebooting your modem/router.
It might be possible that due to an unstable connection, the error has occurred.
So, by simply troubleshooting your router or modem, it may be possible that it help you fixing the NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996.
- To restarting your modem or router, follow the steps given below: –To reboot your router or modem, you first need to make sure that you turn off the power button normally. Then, unplug all the power outlet wires.
- Now, you have to wait for about 30 seconds, afterwards plug in each cord correctly and turn the power button on.
- After that, leave it until it gets connected to the local network. Then, open the game and see if the problem goes away.
Solution 5. Check Your Game Files to Fix Error Code A40C9996
Many players are reported that NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996 error is fixed when they verify their game files and repair the game files.
So, you may also try this fix to get rid of NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996.
- You can simply press the windows button at the lower-left corner, search for the NBA 2k21 app, and right-click on it.
- Then, select app settings from the opened drop-down menu. After that, click on the Repair button.
Disclaimer: If you bought NBA 2k21 on Steam, you could try using Steam’s verify the integrity of the game files tool to check and repair your game file integrity.
Solution 6. Check For System Update
It is yet another simple solution that you can try while fixing with NBA 2K21 error Code A40C9996 problem.
It is highly recommended to ensure that your system’s software is up-to-date and compatible with the game.
This means that your device’s operating system must be updated with the latest versions.
However, by default, your computers and consoles are set to get and download the system updates automatically.
But, sometimes, due to network error, it might be possible that it is unable to search for the latest update online.
So, all you need to ensure that if there’s any new update available manually.
Solution 7. Reinstall The Game To Fix NBA 2K21 Error Code A40C9996
This solution could be saddening as reinstallation may delete the saved game.
So, think before you go about reinstalling the game. However, we recommend you reinstall the game only if you do not have any other choice.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section to discuss with us and make sure to check out our gaming section