Instagram is one such app that has gained a lot of fandom in the past years. Now, it is a source of income for millions of influencers. From food blogging to lifestyle blogging, everything is there on Instagram. However, things go downhill, when Instagram filters stop working. In this guide, we have come up with workarounds using which you can fix Instagram Filters Not Working issue.
Over time, Instagram has established itself as a reliable social media platform. However, there are certain users who have reported issues concerning the non-working Instagram filters. This is annoying, but don’t worry we have got you covered. Below you can check out certain workarounds that will fix non-working Instagram filters. You can post stunning selfies and videos using these filters again, so without any further ado, let’s check out the process.
Fix Instagram Filters Not Working
Starting from the easiest methods, we will provide you with quite a task to eliminate the issue of non-working of Instagram filters. One of these fixes will definitely help you with this issue.
Solution 1. Restart the application
The functioning of Instagram can be disrupted due to the inconsistency with the application. there is no inconsistency with the application. We suggest you restart the application. To do so:
- Move to Settings
- Go to the applications menu
- Open Instagram
- Tap on the Force stop button
- A pop-up asking for confirmation, and agree to it.
- Launch the application again.
Solution 2. Restart your Phone
This is the easiest process, to begin with, simply just restart your phone and check if the app is functioning working smoothly or not.
Solution 3. Clear all the Trash Present on Your Phone
This is quite a different fix, but this has worked for a number of people. So, we suggest you clear the trash on your phone, for eg. Deleted videos, images, etc. If there are several files stored in your trash, then you must clear it all.
Solution 4. Update the version of your Instagram To Fix Instagram Filters Not Working
Older versions of the apps can turn out to be full of bugs and errors. Hence it is advised to always update the app to the latest version. New updates always take care of the previous laws. To update Instagram, follow the below-given steps:
- Open Google Play Store or Apple App store.
- Search for Instagram
- Launch the application page
- Tap on the update button for the application and wait till the application is updated to the latest version. Once that is complete, try using the filters on Instagram again.
Solution 5. Clear the application cache data
There are a certain amount of data that gets accumulated over time. Both application data and cache data are generally stored in the internal storage of the device. Hence it becomes necessary for the device to get rid of the application cache for smooth functioning. To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- Move to the Application’s settings page and tap on the storage section.
- An option to clear the cache memory will appear before you.
- Tap on it and then open up the Instagram app.
Solution 6. Reinstall the Application
This is the last resort and also one of the easiest ones. Reinstalling the application will eliminate the issue. To do so:
- Move to the application’s settings page and tap on the storage section.
- An option to clear the app data will appear.
- Tap on that option to erase all the data on the phone.
- Tap on the Uninstall button and confirm your action.
Now move to the Play Store or Apple Store, and search for the Instagram application. Now, install it again and enjoy! We are pretty sure that your issue must have been fixed by now. Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.