Xiaomi has established itself as a renowned smartphone manufacturing brand. Xiaomi 11T and Xiaomi 11T Pro are two different models of smartphones launched by Xiaomi. It was specifically announced by Xiaomi that this particular series will not be launched under the Xiaomi branding and not the Mi branding. Here, we will provide you with a guide on how to unlock the Bootloader and root Xiaomi 11T pro and Xiaomi 11T.
However, before we head to the section explaining the rooting process, we must give you an insight into the features of these stunning devices. Also, it is necessary to unlock the bootloader before rooting the device.
Key Features of Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi 11T series is the latest flagship phone series from Xiaomi. Let’s check out the basic features of the Xiaomi 11T Pro.
- The phone comes with a 6.67-inch touchscreen display.
- Xiaomi 11T Pro is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor.
- It comes with 8GB of RAM.
- The Xiaomi 11T Pro runs Android 11 and is powered by a 5000mAh battery.
- The Xiaomi 11T Pro supports proprietary fast charging.
- Coming to the optics, the Xiaomi 11T Pro on the rear packs a triple camera setup featuring a 108-megapixel primary camera. It has a single front camera setup for selfies, featuring a 16-megapixel sensor with an f/2.45 aperture.
- The Xiaomi 11T Pro runs MIUI 12.5 is based on Android 11 and packs 128GB of inbuilt storage.
- The Xiaomi 11T Pro is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) mobile that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
Why Root Xiaomi 11T Pro?
Xiaomi phones are extremely loved by the custom developers that you can easily get custom ROMs and Recoveries that too within a month of launch. We must inform you that in case you just want to install custom ROM and Recovery, then you should not worry about rooting your phone. However, if you want to enjoy access to more advanced features and modifications, then you must root your phone.
How To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro
Just like every other phone, the Bootloader of Xiaomi phones are also locked by default. It secures the phones and is a useful feature. However, it also locks features and files that we can’t modify by default. An unlocked Bootloader is essential to root your Xiaomi 11T Pro. Fortunately, Xiaomi users can easily unlock the bootloader. So, let’s check out the process:
- We recommend you to take a full backup of your device before initiating the process.
- In this step, you have to download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Launch “Settings” on your Xiaomi phone and Sign in to Mi Account. Wait for at least 7 days now, and if it does not workout for you, then wait at least for 7 days.
- Move to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, you have to Sync all Apps data at least once.
- You have to now open Settings again and then go to About Phone. Tap multiple times continuously, probably 7-8 times on the MIUI version. A message will appear on your screen saying that ‘You are now a developer’.
- To open developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging in the developer options.
- You need to have an active internet connection with the same number that you used in the Mi account (this will help to unlock easily). Now, move back to go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Turn your device off, and then long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Xiaomi 11T Pro into Fastboot mode. As soon as the the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone screen, let go of the buttons.
- Now, you must establish active internet connection on your Computer. Then, open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Xiaomi 11T Pro.
- Your phone will now be detected by the tool, and you simply have to click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro, and all the data will be erased off your device.
To verify whether your bootloader has been unlocked or not, you can check it from developer options or you can also check using fastboot commands. Now, let’s proceed further.
Prerequisites For The Rooting Process:
- Unlocked Bootloader
- You must download Magisk APK.
- Next, you have to install ADB & Fastboot driver.
- Take a full back-up of your device.
- Download Xiaomi 11T / 11T Pro firmware.
How To Root Xiaomi 11T Pro with Magisk
- You have to copy the downloaded Xiaomi 11T or 11T Pro firmware to your computer and extract the boot.img file. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Install the Magisk app on your device.
- Launch the app and click on the Install.
- Choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Now, you have to select the boot.img that you copied earlier. It will start patching the boot image.
- The output magisk_patched.img file is present in the download folder.
- Copy the output file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Here you also have to rename the patched file to boot.img. So, if you are using platform tools, copy the file to the platform tools folder.
- You have to reboot your Xiaomi 11T Pro to Fastboot mode. Now, connect it to your computer.
In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- In order to check, if your device has been connected or not, you must enter the below-given command that should return some device id.
- Enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Xiaomi 11T Pro.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once you flash patched boot image, reboot your device to the system.
- You have to install Magisk Manager. (Skip the step if you have already installed)
- At last, you have to finish the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
One can easily confirm the root access easily on your phone using any root checker app. Now, enjoy the advanced features on your device, and you can use several Xposed Modules for advanced customization. Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.