Samsung has always been admired for its unique design and you can witness the awesome design in devices like Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Z Flip, etc.
Samsung has released two flip devices back in 2020, Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G.
Galaxy Z Flip is appreciated in the market and turned out to be a hit series because of its durable build and smooth performance.
Here we will provide you a guide on how you can unlock the bootloader of Galaxy Z Flip phones and how to root the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
The Galaxy Z Flip series looks promising and we are expecting some more phones coming next year on this series.
Both the Galaxy Z Flip devices fall under flagship devices.
The latest phone of the series, Galaxy Z Flip 5G comes with the Snapdragon 865+ processor, whereas the standard Galaxy Z Flip comes with Snapdragon 855+ processor.
Both phones run on Android 10 based One UI 2.5 which is highly customizable.
However, if you want to enjoy certain advanced features and better performance, then you can root your Galaxy Z Flip phone and gain the access to many new features.
Some of the basic features include support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more.
Here you will also know how to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy Z Flip.
The truth is that rooting a mobile is not much more complex than installing some application and the advantages we have at hand are many.
Why Root Your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip?
The immediate advantage of having a rooted mobile and installing a ROM is that you will get to enjoy the latest version of Android on a device that will not officially receive it and many other amazing features.
Samsung phones are challenging to root, but it is possible with Magisk.
Our guide will work for both Galaxy Z Flip and its 5G variant.
You must know that rooting a device requires an unlocked bootloader, so first, we will share how to unlock bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
It is known that all phones have a locked bootloader by default and in order to root a phone, one has to unlock the bootloader.
You must unlock the bootloader before you head to root Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
Different brands have different processes to unlock Bootloader and the process which Samsung follows is simple but quite lengthy.
You can follow the below-given process if you want to unlock Bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
- Firstly, make sure to have a full backup of your Galaxy Z flip as the process will erase all your data from the phone.
- Once you have the full backup, then open Settings on your device and go to About Phone > Software Information.
- Now, in the Software Information, you will find the Build Number. You have to tap about 7-8 times on it to enable developer options.
A message showing ‘You are now a developer’ will be displayed on your screen.
- Now, Go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in the Developer Options.
6. Once you have enabled the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging, you have to power off your phone.
Now, Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and connect your device to your PC.
7. A Warning screen will be displayed on your phone, and now you can release both buttons.
Now press the Volume Up button once, and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip will boot into Download mode.
8. Long press the Volume Up button when the device is in Download Mode and finally, the bootloader will be unlocked on your device.
9. Now, Reboot your device and make sure that OEM unlocking is greyed out in Developer options.
If not, then you have wait for a few days and repeat the steps.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you are ready to root your phone. You can also install custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, and more custom project files.
However, before you start rooting your phone, below is the list of requirements which is essential for rooting the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
- We advise you to take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss.
- Make sure to Download Magisk Manager APK
- Also, Download Odin Flash Tool
- Unlocked bootloader.
- Download the Galaxy Z Flip firmware (use SamFirm or Frija)
- Install 7-zip on your PC.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions related to rooting)
- What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
2. How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
3. How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Advantages of rooting your devices
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
To successfully obtain root privileges, you must:
Follow the instructions exactly;
- Charge the device’s battery by 50% or more;
- Make sure that the model and firmware version match.
All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
If all the points are completed, you can proceed to obtain root rights.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Firstly, you have to extract the downloaded Galaxy Z Flip Firmware on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP).
- Now, copy the AP tar file to your phone storage.
- Then, you have to install Magisk Manager (canary build recommended) on your Galaxy Z Flip. Skip this step if the app is already installed on your device.
- Then, open the Magisk Manager app on your phone after installing it, and click on Install > Install.
5. A pop up will appear on your screen, where you need to choose ‘Select and Patch a File’
6. Browse and select the boot tar file and wait for the patching process.
It can take a few seconds to patch the file.
7. Once you have patched the file, output file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
8. Now, open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC.
Be sure to untick the Auto-Reboot option in the Options tab in the Odin tool.
You can check the below-given screenshot for reference purposes.
9. On the right side of the tool, load patched file in AP. And load respective BL, CP, and Home CSC file (That are in the firmware).
10. Then Boot your Galaxy Z Flip into Download Mode.
You can follow steps 6 & 7 from the unlock bootloader section to boot into download mode.
11. Once your Galaxy Z Flip boots into Download Mode, connect it to your computer.
The Odin tool will detect your phone, and it will show blue color in the first stack above ID: COM.
12. Once you have completed all the previous steps, click on the Start button.
It will start displaying the patched Magisk file to your phone.
13. A Pass message will be displayed on your phone’s screen, after the completion.
14. Once the message appears on your screen, load the Magisk_patched tar file and flash it on your tab.
15. Now restart your phone into the system and again install Magisk Manager.
Open Magisk Manager and it will show installed status which means the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G is rooted.
You have access to certain advanced features that you can enjoy as your device has been rooted now.
The majority of brands run ad-campaigns on their devices including Samsung.
With root access, one can block all the system ads and you can also disable the pre-installed apps which you do not like.
In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.