If you want to customize your Samsung Galaxy M62 and have complete control over its firmware, the first thing you need to do is root your Samsung Galaxy M62.
The easiest way to root Samsung Galaxy M62 is using Magisk, which is the most popular rooting tool for Android phones. Magisk enables root access and allows complete customization of your phone.
However, if you want to enjoy certain advanced features and better performance, then you can root your Samsung Galaxy M62 phone and gain the access to many new features.
Some of the basic features include support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more.
Here you will also learn how to unlock the bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy M62.
The truth is that rooting a mobile is not much more complex than installing some application and the advantages we have at hand are many.
What Is Bootloader?
A bootloader is the piece of code that runs before the operating system and tells the phone how to boot and find the system kernel.
The bootloader image is always specific to a device because each phone has different specifications and processors.
As with any other Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy M62 has its own bootloader. However, there is a problem. Samsung has locked the Samsung Galaxy M62 bootloader for security reasons.
If you are an average consumer, you will never care that your phone has a locked bootloader.
But if you’re a power user who likes to tinker with your phone, a locked bootloader is a big deal. ROMs, mods, and custom files are an important part of the Android experience.
However, with a locked bootloader, you cannot flash custom ROMs, kernels, or root your phone.
Before you can perform any of these operations, you need to unlock your Samsung Galaxy M62 bootloader.
Advantages of unlocking the Bootloader
- Easily flash custom ROMs and custom recovery on your phone.
- Enable root access.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- Samsung Galaxy device warranty may be void (if applicable).
- The performance of the device could be affected.
- Installed custom ROMs may not work properly.
- Improper way to unlock your device bootloader could damage your phone.
- Device security and user privacy can easily be affected.
How To Unlock The Bootloader Of Samsung Galaxy M62
Warning: By unlocking the bootloader, all data on your phone including apps, files, photos, and videos in the internal memory will be deleted.
- Unlock your phone and open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap information on the phone -> Software information.
- Find the build number and quickly tap seven times. This will enable Developer Options.
- Go back to the Settings menu, scroll down, and tap Developer options.
- Now enable the option called OEM Unlock – it allows you to unlock the bootloader.
- Now press and hold the power button. Touch Power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold down the buttons volume up and volume down while you connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable. The phone will boot into download mode.
- The phone will show a warning screen. Press and hold the volume up button once more.
This will unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy M62.
Once the bootloader is unlocked, all data on the phone will be deleted.
The phone will revert to factory default settings. Congratulations! Now you can install custom restores, ROMs, or Magisk for root access.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy M62
The truth is that rooting a mobile is not much more complex than installing some application and the advantages we have at hand are many. In this article we will learn how to root Samsung Galaxy M62.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions Related To Rooting)
What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Advantages Of Rooting Your Devices
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
Prerequisites Of Rooting:
- We advise you to take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss.
- Make sure to Download Magisk Manager APK
- Also, Download Odin Flash Tool
- Unlocked bootloader.
- Download the Galaxy M62 firmware (use SamFirm or Frija)
- Install 7-zip on your PC.
If all the points are completed, you can proceed to obtain root rights.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy M62
All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
We want to bring it to your notice that you need to download the correct files for your device.
- In the first step, extract the downloaded Galaxy M62 Firmware on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP).
Also, extract the bootboot.img.lz4 from the AP tar file.
- Now, right-click on the boot file and Archive it in the tar format with 7 Zip.
- Now, you have to copy the boot tar file to your phone storage.
- In this step, install Magisk Manager (canary build recommended) on your Galaxy M62.
You can move to the next step directly if the app is already installed on your device.
- Once you have installed it, open the Magisk Manager app on your phone, and click on Install > Install.
Now, a pop up will appear on your screen, where you need to choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Browse and select the boot tar file and wait for the patching process.
It can take a few seconds to patch the file.
- Once you have patched the file, the output file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
- Now, open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC.
Be sure to untick the Auto-Reboot option in the Options tab in the Odin tool.
You can check the below-given screenshot for reference purposes.
- On the right side of the tool, load AP, BL, CP, and Home CSC file (That are in the firmware).
- Now, boot your Galaxy M62 into Download Mode.
You can refer to steps 6 & 7 from the unlock bootloader section to boot into download mode.
- Once your Galaxy M62 boots into Download Mode, you shall connect it to your computer.
Your device will be detected by the Odin tool and it will display how blue color in the first stack above ID: COM.
- Once you have completed all the previous steps, click on the Start button.
It will start displaying the patched Magisk file to your phone.
- A Pass message will be displayed on your phone’s screen, after the completion.
- Once the message appears on your screen, load the Magisk_patched tar file and flash it on your tab.
- Now, restart your phone and install the Magisk Manager again.
Open Magisk Manager and it will display installed status meaning that your Samsung Galaxy M62 is rooted.
You have access to certain advanced features that you can enjoy as your device has been rooted now.
The majority of brands run ad-campaigns on their devices including Samsung.
With root access, one can block all the system ads and you can also disable the pre-installed apps which you do not like.
In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.