In this article, we will provide you a guide using which you can unlock the bootloader and root Realme Narzo 10.
Narzo 10 is also expected to be receiving Android 11 sometime soon as well however, the exact timing is still unknown.
Realme Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A smartphones has been launched by Realme to target young people, especially the segment of people who value style and gaming performance above all else.
The company wanted to create a new sub-brand to emphasize these features, and to create a separate personality for what would otherwise be simple low-cost phones.
Recently, full kernel source of Narzo 10 including the unlock apk for Narzo 10 has been launched by the company which means that now you can root your phone and enjoy certain advanced features; and also you can install custom ROMs, recoveries if available.
Though if you are not willing to wait long enough then you have the option to follow custom development works like custom ROMs.
It will let you enjoy the latest features without getting official updates which generally takes ages to arrive.
Also, you can root your Realme Narzo 10 for such features.
Before we head to the sections explaining the process to be used for unlocking the bootloader and root your Realme Narzo 10, we will brief you about certain features of this device.
Key Features of Realme Narzo 10
- The Realme Narzo 10 is a low-cost phone that claims to offer a great experience for young gamers thanks to the MediaTek Helio G80 SoC.
- The device is powered by a 5000mAh battery.
- Talking about the display, the phone packs a 6.5-inch display.
- It also sports hardware like Helio G80 processor, 4GB LPDDR4x, 128GB storage.
- Coming to the optics, the device packs a Quad Rear camera setup (48+8+2+2MP), along with a 16MP front camera,
FAQ(FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROOTING)
What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Advantages Of Rooting
To root an android phone is not an easy task, however, companies like OnePlus allows its users to easily unlock bootloader and customize their phones.
Rooting a phone provides you the access to certain new features
Some of the basic features are that it gives a platform to support custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of Realme Narzo 10
Just like every other device, Realme Narzo 10 also comes with a locked Bootloader.
Fortunately, Realme just released the unlock apk for Realme Narzo 10 which allows us to unlock the bootloader of Narzo 10.
Also, its Kernel source is now available which means we can see some custom ROMs and custom Recoveries for the device.
Unlocking a Bootloader is essential for rooting your device.
So let’s check out how to unlock the Bootloader of Realme Narzo 10.
Start following the below-given steps.
- First of all, we recommend you to take a full backup of your Realme Narzo 10 as unlocking the bootloader will wipe off all the data from your phone.
- Next, you have to go to About Phone in Settings and tap 7-8 times in Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Now go to Developer options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Next, you have to download the Realme Narzo 10 Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone.
- In this step, you have to Install the Unlock app on your Realme Narzo 10.
Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme Narzo 10 will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes.
Choosing the ‘Yes’ option will start unlocking the bootloader and all the data will be erased from your phone.
Once you have unlocked the Bootloader, you can verify it from the developer options.
The oem unlocking should be enabled and once the bootloader is unlocked you can root your phone.
Now, before you start with the rooting process, there are certain prerequisites which you must check out and fulfil.
Steps to Root Realme Narzo 10 with Magisk
Pre-requirements To Root Realme Narzo 10
- We recommend you take a full backup of your device.
- You must charge your device up to 50% or above.
- You also have to download Realme Narzo 10 Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure the Bootloader of your device is unlocked.
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Rooting an Android phone is now easier with the latest Magisk app from John Wu.
It is the only reliable source for rooting and Android phones.
Here in this Realme Narzo 10 root guide, we will be using Magisk.
Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- First, you have to extract the boot.img file from Realme Narzo 10 firmware.
You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- Now you have to choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot. img.
- Reboot your Realme Narzo 10 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme Narzo 10.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- You have to Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed. (If already installed, then skip this step).
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
Once you have followed all of these steps, you can check the root status on Realme Narzo 10.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.
Make sure to check out more of our guides.