The OnePlus Nord N10 5G is the mobile with the new cheapest OnePlus connectivity and comes with four cameras, a screen with a 90 Hz refresh rate and the Snapdragon 690 processor.
Specifications Of OnePlus Nord N10 5G
|Features||OnePlus Nord N10 5G|
|SCREEN||6.49 “FHD +|
IPS 90 Hz
|RAM||6 GB LPDDR4x|
|STORAGE||128 UFS 2.1 + micro SD|
Warp Charge 30T
|REAR CAMERAS||Main: 64 MP, f / 1.79|
Wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.25, 119º
Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4
Monochrome: 2 MP, f / 2.4
|FRONTAL CAMERA||16 MP, f / 2.05|
Oxygen OS 10.5
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT||163 x 74.7 x 8.95 mm|
|OTHERS||Stereo speakers, rear fingerprint reader, USB C, 3.5mm jack, BT 5.1, NFC|
What Is Bootloader?
A bootloader is the piece of code that runs before the operating system and tells the phone how to boot and find the system kernel.
The bootloader image is always specific to a device because each phone has different specifications and processors.
If you are an average consumer, you will never care that your phone has a locked bootloader.
But if you’re a power user who likes to tinker with your phone, a locked bootloader is a big deal. ROMs, mods, and custom files are an important part of the Android experience.
However, with a locked bootloader, you cannot flash custom ROMs, kernels, or root your phone.
Before you can perform any of these operations, you need to unlock your OnePlus Nord N10 5G.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Unlocking the bootloader in an OnePlus Nord N10 5G is an easy process.
Let us brief you about the step by step process now.
- In the first step, it is advised to have a full back up of the phone data as unlocking the Bootloader will delete all the phone data.
- Next, you have to install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- In the third step, open Settings on your OnePlus 8T and go to the ‘About Phone’ option.
- In the About Phone option, you will see Build Number, you have to tap about 7-8 times on it.
It will display ‘You are now a developer’ on your phone screen.
- Now, go back to the main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
- Now, in the developer option, you have to enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging.
You also have to enable the Advance reboot option from developer options.
- Now, you have to long-press the power button, and it will give a few extra options, select the Bootloader option.
You can also boot into fastboot by using shortcut buttons.
- Now, The OnePlus Nord N10 5G will now boot into Fastboot Mode/Bootloader mode.
- Once the phone is in Fastboot mode, connect it to the computer.
- In this step, you have to open the command/CMD window on your PC.
To check if the device is connected, enter the below command.
It will give some device id.
- Fastboot devices
- Once it is connected, enter the below command.
- Fastboot OEM unlock
- The above command will prompt options on your phone.
Now, you have to use the Volume buttons to toggle options.
Then Select ‘Unlock the Bootloader’ and press the Power button.
- Unlocking the bootloader will will remove all data and USB Debugging. The device will now auto-reboot into the system after finishing the unlocking.
- Now, set up your device and enjoy the OnePlus 8T with unlocked bootloader.
Now, when you have unlocked the Bootloader, your device is now good to be rooted.
However, before, you move forward to root your phone, make sure you have the below-provided requirements fulfilled.
- Make sure to have a full backup of your device.
- You have to download Magisk Manager APK on your device.
- The bootloader on your phone should be unlocked.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver installed on your PC
- Download firmware for your phone (The same version that is installed on your phone)
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions related to rooting)
What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Advantages of rooting your devices
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
Steps to Root OnePlus Nord N10 5G with Magisk
There are only limited methods to root a phone.
In this article, we will tell you how to root your phone using Magisk.
So let’s check how you can root OnePlus Nord N10 5G with Magisk patched files.
- In the first step, you have to extract the boot.img from the downloaded firmware and copy the boot image to your OnePlus Nord N10 5G.
Different methods can be used to extract the firmware.
- In the next step, you have to install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Now, open the Magisk Manager on your phone and click Install > Install.
Now, you have to choose the option ‘Select and Patch a File’ and locate the boot.img file that you had copied earlier.
- Once you have selected the boot.img file, it will start patching the file. After patching, the output file will save in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now, copy the patched file to your computer C:\adb location.
Now, rename the file from magisk patched.img to boot.img.
- In this step, boot your OnePlus Nord N10 5G to Fastboot Mode using the steps given in the ‘unlock the bootloader’ section.
- Now, when the device is in Fastboot Mode, you have to connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- In this step, you have to go to C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD and press enter.
It will open the command window on your computer.
- Now, you have to enter the below command in the command window and it should return some ID, which means the device is connected.
– Fastboot Devices
- Now enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root OnePlus Nord N10 5G.
– Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once you have completed the flashing, reboot your phone into the system, and enjoy the root privilege on your phone.
Now, that you have rooted your phone, you have the access to all the features and applications that require root access.
After rooting your phone, you have the access to uninstall any pre-installed apps, block Ads from the system.
The above-stated features are just the basic advantages of rooting a phone, if you are well familiar with the root, then you can do a lot more with your OnePlus Nord N10 5G.
If you have any queries, feel free to post it in the comment section below. Enjoy rooting and having the full access to your phone.