The OnePlus 9 Pro arrives with improvements at practically all levels, but it focuses especially on photography, where the new collaboration with Hasselblad, a legendary manufacturer of cameras, stands out. Let’s see what the new OnePlus flagship offers us. In this article, we bring to you a guide on how you can unlock the bootloader and root OnePlus 9 pro in the easiest and fastest way possible.
Specifications Chart Of OnePlus 9 Pro
|ONEPLUS 9 PRO|
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT||163.2 x 73.6 x 8.7 mm|
6.7 inch 20.1: 9
QHD + 3216 x 1440, 525 dpi
Refresh rate 1-120Hz
Color 10-bit, sRGB, P3 display
Options: Hypertouch sensitivity, comfortable tone, motion graphics smoothing, ultra video resolution high
|RAM||8/12 GB LPDDR5|
|ABILITY||128 / 256GB UFS3.1|
|SOFTWARE||OxygenOS based on Android 11|
|REAR CAMERAS||LENSES: Wide-angle : Sony IMX766 1/1.56 “50 megapixels, 14mm f/2.2 lensMain sensor: Sony IMX789 1/1.43 “48 megapixels, 23mm f/ 1.8 lens, OIS + EIS Telephoto: 8 megapixels (1μm pixels), f/2.4 Monochrome sensor: 2 megapixels OTHERS: Focus: multi PDAF + LAF + CAFVideo: 8K 30fps, 4K 30/60 / 120fps, Super slow motion up to 480fps, time-lapse, video editor Shooting Modes: Night Landscape, Super Macro, UltraShot HDR, Scene Detection, Pro Mode, Tilt-shift, Super Steady Video, Night Video, Portrait Video|
|FRONTAL CAMERA||Sony IMX471 sensor 16 megapixels (1μm pixels), EIS, fixed focus, f2.4 aperture|
|CONNECTIVITY||5G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS / Glonass / Galileo, USB-C 3.1|
Warp Charge 65T (65W)
Warp Charge 50 Wireless (50W)
|OTHERS||Colors: Morning Mist, Pine Green, Stellar Black|
In-screen fingerprint sensor
2D face unlock
Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
|PRICE||8 GB RAM / 128 GB: 909 euros|
12 GB RAM / 256 GB: 999 euros
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions Related To Rooting And Unlocking Bootloader)
What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
How To Root OnePlus 9 Pro
To root an android phone is not an easy task, however, companies like OnePlus allow its users to easily unlock the bootloader and customize their phones.
Rooting a phone provides you access to certain new features.
Some of the basic features are that it gives a platform to support custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more.
OnePlus 9 Pro can be easily rooted but for that, first you have to unlock bootloader.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 9 Pro
Unlocking the bootloader in an OnePlus 9 pro is an easy process.
Let us brief you about the step-by-step process now.
- In the first step, it is advised to have a full backup of the phone data as unlocking the Bootloader will delete all the phone data.
- Next, you have to install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- In the third step, open Settings on your OnePlus 9 pro and go to the About Phone option.
- In the About Phone option, you will see build Number, you have to tap about 7-8 times on it.
It will display ‘You are now a developer on your phone screen.
- Now, go back to the main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
- Now, in the developer option, you have to enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging.
You also have to enable the Advance reboot option from developer options.
- Now, you have to long-press the power button, and it will give a few extra options, select the Bootloader option.
You can also boot into fastboot by using shortcut buttons.
- Now, The OnePlus 9 pro will now boot into Fastboot Mode/Bootloader mode.
- Once the phone is in Fastboot mode, connect it to the computer.
- In this step, you have to open the command/CMD window on your PC.
To check if the device is connected, enter the below command.
It will give some device id.
- Once it is connected, enter the below command.
Fastboot OEM unlock
- The above command will prompt options on your phone.
Now, you have to use the Volume buttons to toggle options.
Then Select ‘Unlock the Bootloader’ and press the Power button.
- Unlocking the bootloader will remove all data and USB Debugging. The device will now auto-reboot into the system after finishing the unlocking.
- Now, set up your device and enjoy the OnePlus 9 pro with an unlocked bootloader.
Now, when you have unlocked the Bootloader, your device is now good to be rooted.
However, before, you move forward to root your phone, make sure you have the below provided requirements fulfilled.
Steps To Follow Before The Rooting Process
- Make sure to have a full backup of your device.
- You have to download Magisk Manager APK on your device.
- The bootloader on your phone should be unlocked.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver installed on your PC
- Download firmware for your phone (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps To Root OnePlus 9 Pro
There are only limited methods to root a phone. We will tell you how to root your phone using Magisk.
So let’s check how you can root OnePlus 9 Pro with Magisk patched files.
- In the first step, you have to extract the boot.img from the downloaded firmware and copy the boot image to your OnePlus 9 Pro.
Different methods can be used to extract the firmware.
- In the next step, you have to install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Now, open the Magisk Manager on your phone and click Install > Install.
- Now, you have to choose the option ‘Select and Patch a File’ and locate the boot.img file that you had copied earlier.
- Once you have selected the boot.img file, it will start patching the file. After patching, the output file will save in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now, copy the patched file to your computer C:\adb location.
Now, rename the file from magisk_patched.img to boot.img.
- In this step, boot your OnePlus 9 Pro to Fastboot Mode using the steps given in the ‘unlock the bootloader section.
- Now, when the device is in Fastboot Mode, you have to connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- In this step, you have to go to C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD, and press enter.
It will open the command window on your computer.
- Now, you have to enter the below command in the command window and it should return some ID, which means the device is connected.
– Fastboot Devices
- Now enter the below command to flash the patched boot image and root OnePlus 9 Pro.
– Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once you have completed the flashing, reboot your phone into the system, and enjoy the root privilege on your phone.
Now, that you have rooted your phone, you have the access to all the features and applications that require root access.
After rooting your phone, you have the access to uninstall any pre-installed apps, block Ads from the system and installed the Xposed framework and modules
The above-stated features are just the basic advantages of rooting a phone, if you are well familiar with the root, then you can do a lot more with your OnePlus 9 Pro.
If you have any queries, feel free to post them in the comment section below. Enjoy rooting and having full access to your phone.