Here, in this article, we will provide you a guide on how you can root Motorola One 5G, however, before you begin to root your Motorola One 5G, first you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
By rooting your phone, you can unleash its full potential and enjoy certain advanced features.
Back in August, the company launched Motorola One 5G in India which is one of the cheapest 5G phones available in India.
The Moto One 5G is a pack and consists of various key highlights.
So, before we head to the section explaining the guide that is going to help you in unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device, let us tell you briefly about the key features of the Motorola One 5G.
Key features of Motorola One 5G
- Starting with the display, the device features, the phone comes with a 6.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2520 pixels.
- The Motorola One 5G runs Android 10 and is powered by a 5000mAh battery.
- The device supports proprietary fast charging.
- Coming to the optics, on the rear the device a 48-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture; a second 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture; a third 5-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture, and a fourth 5-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, the device packs a 16-megapixel primary camera with an f/2.0 aperture and a second 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture.
- The device comes with Snapdragon 765G processor and 4GB RAM & 128GB storage.
The phone performs really well in general, however, its performance can be improved by rooting it.
Motorola is one of those brands that allow their customers to root their phones.
Unlocking the Bootloader is essential in order to root your Motorola One 5G, so we will first explain how you can unlock the bootloader on your device.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Motorola One 5G
A bootloader is the piece of code that runs before the operating system and tells the phone how to boot and find the system kernel.
The bootloader image is always specific to a device because each phone has different specifications and processors.
If you are an average consumer, you will never care that your phone has a locked bootloader.
But if you’re a power user who likes to tinker with your phone, a locked bootloader is a big deal. ROMs, mods, and custom files are an important part of the Android experience.
However, with a locked bootloader, you cannot flash custom ROMs, kernels, or root your phone.
Before you can perform any of these operations, you need to unlock your Motorola One 5G.
Follow the below given steps to unlock the bootloader of your Motorola One 5G:
- In the first step, we advise you to take a full backup of your phone as unlocking the bootloader on Motorola One 5G will wipe off all the data present on your phone.
- Now, you have to install ADB & Fastboot drivers and Motorola USB Driver on your PC.
- In this step, go to the settings option on your device and go to About Phone.
Tap about 7-8 times on Build Number, and a message will begin to display that ‘You are now a developer.’
- Once you have enabled the developer option, go back to Settings and then go to System > Developer Options.
In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Now, turn off your device.
Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Motorola One 5G into Fastboot Mode.
- As the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both the buttons. Now, connect your phone to your PC after booting into Fastboot.
- In this step, you have to open the Command window or CMD on your computer.
- Open Command window from Platform Tools location in case of macOS and Linux.
- Now, you have to enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window.
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- In this step, a 5 line code would be displayed.
Copy the code and make it in one line, you can use notepad for your convenience.
Remember not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in case of Mac.
- Now, go to Motorola unlock page and click next, and now login with the Motorola account.
- You have to copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in the Notepad and paste it into the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then, you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID).
Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in the below command and press Enter
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Upon entering the above command will unlock the bootloader on Motorola One 5G.
The process will erase all the data on your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
Now that the bootloader on your phone is unlocked, your device is ready for the rooting process.
However, before we move forward to root the device, there are certain prerequisites.
- The most important requirement is to make sure to Unlock the Bootloader of the Motorola One 5G.
- We recommend you to take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Motorola One 5G Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Motorola One 5G
There are certain advantages that you can enjoy after rooting your device like:
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
Follow the given below steps to root your device:
- In the first step, you have to copy the Motorola One 5G firmware to your computer.
And then extract the firmware using 7Zip or WinRAR.
- In the second step, find the boot.img file from the extracted folder and copy it to your phone storage.
- Now, you have to install the Magisk Manager application on your phone.
- Now, you have to open the Magisk Manager app and click on the first Install and again click on Install.
- It will ask for the method, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Now, you have to browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now, you have to copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb.
Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Motorola One 5G to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
Follow the steps given in the unlock bootloader guide above.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You have to enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window to check the device is connected or not, entering command should return some number id.
- You have to now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Motorola One 5G.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that, reboot your device to the system.
- In case, the Magisk Manager is not installed on your phone, then install the app.
Skip if the app is already present.
- Once you are done with the in-app instructions and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
To ensure that the rooting process is successful, you can check in the Magisk app for the root status.
On the app, it should show green ticks for both Magisk and Magisk Manager.
Once the reboot process is over, you will have the access to your rooted Moto G 5G and that will enable you to use all the applications that required rooting.
It also allows you to disable the pre-installed apps.
Now, you also have the access to custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more.
So, here the rooting process ends.
Feel free to discuss your queries with us in the comment section.