In this article we bring to you a guide on how you can unlock bootloader and root Moto G9 Power in the easiest and fastest way possible
The Moto G9 Power is a model within Motorola’s mid-range. This phone stands out above all for its huge 6,000 mAh battery, designed to give users great autonomy. Its 6.8-inch screen also stands out.
Motorola leverages its years of mid-tier experience to create this powerful new device that stands out in the sub-$ 200 price range to deliver a huge battery. Motorola promises that you can keep your mobile on for days, in addition to a large screen and a competent camera.
Before you begin to root your Moto G9 Power, first you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
By rooting your phone, you can unleash its full potential and enjoy certain advanced features but first let’s take a look at the specifications of this device.
Moto G9 Power Specifications
|MOTO G9 POWER|
|SCREEN||6.8 “HD + Max Vision|
|PROCESSOR||Qualcomm Snapdragon 662|
|STORAGE||128GB (up to 512GB with microSD)|
|REAR CAMERA||64 MP (f / 1.8, 1.4 μm)|
Macro 2 MP (f / 2.4, 1.75 μm), 2.5 cm
Depth 2 MP (f / 2.4, 1.75 μm)
Video: FullHD (main)
|FRONTAL CAMERA||16 MP (f / 2.2, 1 μm)|
|DRUMS||6,000 mAh + fast charge 20W|
Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4 / 5 GHz
GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, Galileo
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT||172.14 x 76.79 x 9.66 mm|
|OTHERS||Minijack, water resistance, Dual SIM (2 nanoSIM or nanoSIM + microSD), USB type C, radio|
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is the piece of code that runs before the operating system and tells the phone how to boot and find the system kernel.
The bootloader image is always specific to a device because each phone has different specifications and processors.
If you are an average consumer, you will never care that your phone has a locked bootloader.
But if you’re a power user who likes to tinker with your phone, a locked bootloader is a big deal. ROMs, mods, and custom files are an important part of the Android experience.
However, with a locked bootloader, you cannot flash custom ROMs, kernels, or root your phone.
Before you can perform any of these operations, you need to unlock your Moto G9 Power.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Moto G9 Power
If you wish to root your phone, then the foremost step is to unlock the bootloader.
Even though, the process for unlocking the bootloader on a Motorola device, it’s quite a lengthy one.
So brace yourself and let’s follow the below-given steps.
- In the first step, we advise you to take a full backup of your phone as unlocking the bootloader on Moto G9 Power will wipe off all the data present on your phone.
- Now, you have to install ADB & Fastboot drivers and Motorola USB Driver on your PC.
- In this step, go to the settings option on your device and go to About Phone.
Tap about 7-8 times on Build Number, and a message will begin to display that ‘You are now a developer.’
- Once you have enabled the developer option, go back to Settings and then go to System > Developer Options.
In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Now, turn off your device.
Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Moto G9 Power into Fastboot Mode.
- As the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both the buttons. Now, connect your phone to your PC after booting into Fastboot.
- In this step, you have to open the Command window or CMD on your computer.
Open Command window from Platform Tools location in case of macOS and Linux.
- Now, you have to enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window.
– fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- In this step, a 5 line code would be displayed.
Copy the code and make it in one line, you can use notepad for your convenience.
Remember not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in case of Mac.
- Now, go to Motorola unlock page and click next, and now login with the Motorola account.
- Copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in the Notepad and paste it into the Motorola unlock page.
- Now, you have to click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then, you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID).
Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in the below command and press Enter
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Upon entering the above command will unlock the bootloader on Moto G9 Power. The process will erase all the data on your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
Now that the bootloader on your phone is unlocked, your device is ready for the rooting process.
However, before we move forward to root the device, there are certain prerequisites.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions related to rooting)
- What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
2. How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
3. How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Advantages of rooting your devices
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
- Firstly, make sure to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G9 Power
- We advise you to take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Your phone should be at least 50%
- Make sure to download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Moto G9 Power Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
How To Root Moto G9 Power
Rooting an android phone is a challenging task but thanks to Magisk that makes rooting easier.
There are a few different methods that can be used to root a phone but in all the methods, Magisk is a must.
In this guide, we are going to use a patch file in order to root your Moto G9 Power.
- Once you have downloaded, the firmware, extract the Moto G9 Power firmware on your computer.
- In the second step, find the boot.img file from the extracted folder and copy it to your phone storage.
- Now, you have to install the Magisk Manager application on your phone.
- Now, you have to open the Magisk Manager app and click on the first Install and again click on Install.
- It will ask for the method, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Now, you have to browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now, you have to copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb.
Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Now, reboot your Moto G9 Power to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
Follow the steps given in the unlock bootloader guide above.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.
- Enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window to check the device is connected or not, entering command should return some number id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Moto G9 Power.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that, reboot your device to the system.
- In case, the Magisk Manager is not installed on your phone, then install the app.
Skip if the app is already present.
- Once you are done with the in-app instructions and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
To ensure that the rooting process is successful, you can check in the Magisk app for the root status.
On the app, it should show green ticks for both Magisk and Magisk Manager.
Once the reboot process is over, you will have the access to your rooted Moto G9 Power and that will enable you to use all the applications that required rooting.
It also allows you to disable the pre-installed apps.
Now, you also have the access to custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more.
So, here the rooting process ends.
Feel free to discuss your queries with us in the comment section.