Over the years, various budget-friendly phones have been launched by Motorola like Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G9, Moto G8, Moto One 5G, Moto G Stylus, Moto One Series, and many more.
Now, in 2021, Motorola had launched a revised Moto G stylus with better features. So, if you are a proud owner of Moto G Stylus 2021, then this guide is definitely for you.
Here, we will explain how you can root Moto G Stylus 2021 and enjoy certain advanced features.
However, before we head to the section explaining the guide that is going to help you in unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device, let us tell you briefly about the key features of the Moto G Stylus 2021.
Key Features Of Moto G Stylus 2021
Moto G Stylus 2021 packs a massive 6.8-inch display teamed with amazing resolution and pixel density offers a pretty impressive visual experience.
The device runs on Android version 10(Q) and is equipped with 128GB of storage space.
Coming to the optics, there is a Triple-camera setup on the rear side of the device comprising a 48MP Main Lens, an 8MP Ultra-Wide Angle Sensor backed by a 2MP Depth Camera.
The smartphone is further geared up with a single 16MP selfie-shooting lens on its front.
The device sports a 4000mAh battery.
However, it is well known that there are not enough options on Motorola phones for customization.
In addition to that, you will find limited custom ROMs for the device or even none.
Fortunately, we have a solution to tackle these limitations.
If you wish to enjoy certain advanced features you can root Moto G Stylus 2021.
Why Should You Root Moto G Stylus 2021?
In order to enjoy certain customization and advanced features on your device, you are required to root your device.
Rooting your device will enable you to enjoy various new features such as custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more.
However, unlocking the bootloader is the first essential in order to root your phone.
So, first, you have to unlock your bootloader.
Unlock The Bootloader Of Moto G Stylus 2021
All Android phones have a locked bootloader by default.
However, you can get an unlocked version from some carriers.
Luckily, Motorola allows you to easily unlock the bootloader but it has a different process compared to the process followed for other OEMs.
We recommend you follow all the steps carefully to unlock the bootloader of Moto G Stylus 2021.
- In the first step, we advise you to take a full backup of your phone as unlocking the bootloader on Moto G Stylus 2021 will wipe off all the data present on your phone.
It will also void the Guarantee.
- For the purpose of connecting your devices, you must install ADB & Fastboot drivers and Motorola USB Driver on your PC.
- In this step, go to the settings option on your device and go to About Phone. Tap about 7-8 times on Build Number, and a message will begin to display that ‘You are now a developer.’
- Once you have enabled the developer option, go back to Settings and then go to System > Developer Options. In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Now, turn off your device.
Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Moto G Stylus 2021 into Fastboot Mode.
- As the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both the buttons.
Now, connect your phone to your PC after booting into Fastboot.
- In this step, you have to open the Command window or CMD on your computer.
- Open Command window from Platform Tools location in case of macOS and Linux.
- Now, you have to enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- In this step, a 5 line code would be displayed.
Copy the code and make it in one line, you can use a notepad for your convenience.
We must remind you not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in the case of Mac.
- Now, go to Motorola unlock page and click next, and now login with the Motorola account.
You have to copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in the Notepad and paste it into the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then, you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID).
Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in the below command and press Enter
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Upon entering the above command will unlock the bootloader on Moto G Stylus 2021.
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe all the data off your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
Now that the bootloader on your phone is unlocked, your device is ready for the rooting process.
However, before we move forward to root the device, there are certain prerequisites.
Prerequisites To Rooting
- The most important requirement is to make sure to Unlock the Bootloader of the Moto G Stylus 2021.
- We recommend you take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Moto G Stylus 2021 for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
Advantages Of Rooting
Before moving to the rooting process, let us inform you briefly about the advantages of rooting:
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
Steps To Root Moto G Stylus 2021
Disclaimer: All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
Follow the below-given steps to root your device:
- First of all, you have to extract the boot.img file from Moto G Stylus 2021 firmware.
You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now you have to install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Now, you have to browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now, you have to copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- In this step, you have to reboot your Moto G Stylus 2021 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Next, you have to enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Motorola Moto G Stylus 2021.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Make sure to install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
To ensure that the rooting process is successful, you can check it in the root checker.
Now you can customize your device as you want and can also install Xposed Framework on your phone to enjoy the best Xposed Modules.
Rooting also allows you to block ads and remove the pre-installed applications from your phone.
Feel free to discuss your queries with us in the comment section.