Here, in this article, we will provide you a guide on how you can root Moto 5G, however, before you begin to root your Moto G 5G, first you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
By rooting your phone, you can unleash its full potential and enjoy certain advanced features.
In the last week of November, the company has launched Moto G 5G in India which is one of the cheapest 5G phones available in India. The Moto G 5G is a pack and consists of various key highlights such as the massive 6.7-inch punch-hole panel, 5G connectivity, and 48MP camera sensor.
Motorola devices are popular, especially the G series which is keeping Motorola in the market.
The company is well aware of this fact and it is currently focusing on more budget Android phones.
However, before we move forward to the section consisting of the guidebook for the rooting process, let us first brief you a little about the specifications of Moto G 5G.
Key features of Moto G 5G
- Staring with the processor of the device, it houses the Snapdragon 750G processor and up to 6 GB of RAM to ensure that you can enjoy a seamless smartphone performance, every single time.
- You shall bid goodbye to slow loading apps or web pages as the moto g 5G smartphone lets you enjoy 5G data speeds.
- Coming to the display, the device features a 16.94 cm (6.67) FHD+ display that delivers vivid and true-to-life colors, making it a delight to use this smartphone
- When it comes to optics, the smartphone packs a triple-lens camera setup.
- It bears a 48MP primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and 0.8-micron pixel size, an 8MP ultrawide-angle-lens, and a 2MP macro camera.
- While on the front, Moto G 5G comes with a 16MP selfie camera which has an f/2.2 aperture and 1.0-micron pixel size.
- The device comes with a 5,000mAh battery and supports 20W fast charging.
- The device is available in Volcanic Grey and Frosted Silver color options and can officially be bought at the starting price of ₹20,999.
The phone performs really well in general, however, its performance can be improved by rooting it.
Motorola is one of those brands that allow their customers to root their phones.
The Moto G 5G Plus has the advantage of running stock Android and rooting the phone is one of them.
It means that the bootloader on the device can be easily unlocked which is the only requirement for rooting the phone.
So, in this article, we will tell how you can unlock the bootloader and root the Moto G 5G.
Unlocking the Bootloader is essential in order to root your Moto G 5G, so we will first explain how you can unlock the bootloader on your device.
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is the piece of code that runs before the operating system and tells the phone how to boot and find the system kernel.
The bootloader image is always specific to a device because each phone has different specifications and processors.
If you are an average consumer, you will never care that your phone has a locked bootloader.
But if you’re a power user who likes to tinker with your phone, a locked bootloader is a big deal. ROMs, mods, and custom files are an important part of the Android experience.
However, with a locked bootloader, you cannot flash custom ROMs, kernels, or root your phone.
Before you can perform any of these operations, you need to unlock your Moto G 5G.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Moto G 5G
If you wish to root your phone, then the foremost step is to unlock the bootloader.
Even though, the process for unlocking the bootloader on a Motorola device, its quite a lengthy one.
So brace yourself and lets follow the below given steps.
- In the first step, we advise you to take a full backup of your phone as unlocking the bootloader on Moto G 5G Plus will wipe off all the data present on your phone.
- Now, you have to install ADB & Fastboot drivers and Motorola USB Driver on your PC.
- In this step, go to the settings option on your device and go to About Phone.
Tap about 7-8 times on Build Number, and a message will begin to display that ‘You are now a developer.’
- Once you have enabled the developer option, go back to Settings and then go to System > Developer Options.
In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Now, turn off your device.
Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Moto G 5G into Fastboot Mode.
- As the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both the buttons. Now, connect your phone to your PC after booting into Fastboot.
- In this step, you have to open the Command window or CMD on your computer.
Open Command window from Platform Tools location in case of macOS and Linux.
- Now, you have to enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window.
– fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- In this step, a 5 line code would be displayed.
Copy the code and make it in one line, you can use notepad for your convenience.
Remember not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in case of Mac.
- Now, go to Motorola unlock page and click next, and now login with the Motorola account.
- Now, you have to copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in the Notepad and paste it into the Motorola unlock page.
- Now, you have to click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then, you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID).
Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in the below command and press Enter
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Upon entering the above command will unlock bootloader on Moto G 5G. The process will erase all the data on your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
Now that the bootloader on your phone is unlocked, your device is ready for the rooting process.
However, before we move forward to root the device, there are certain prerequisites.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions related to rooting)
- What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
2. How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
3. How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Advantages of rooting your devices
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
- Firstly, make sure to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G 5G
- We advise you to take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Your phone should be at least 50%
- Make sure to download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Moto G 5G Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
How To Root Moto G 5G
Rooting an android phone is a challenging task but thanks to Magisk that makes rooting easier.
There are a few different methods that can be used to root a phone but in all the methods, Magisk is a must.
In this guide, we are going to use a patch file in order to root your Moto G 5G.
- Once you have downloaded, the firmware, extract the Moto G 5G firmware on your computer.
- In the second step, find the boot.img file from the extracted folder and copy it to your phone storage.
- Now, you have to install the Magisk Manager application on your phone.
- Now, you have to open the Magisk Manager app and click on the first Install and again click on Install.
- It will ask for the method, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Now, you have to browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now, you have to copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb.
Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Now, reboot your Moto G 5G to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
Follow the steps given in the unlock bootloader guide above.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- Enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window to check the device is connected or not, entering command should return some number id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Moto G 5G.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that, reboot your device to the system.
- In case, the Magisk Manager is not installed on your phone, then install the app.
Skip if the app is already present.
- Once you are done with the in-app instructions and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
To ensure that the rooting process is successful, you can check in the Magisk app for the root status.
On the app, it should show green ticks for both Magisk and Magisk Manager.
Once the reboot process is over, you will have the access to your rooted Moto G 5G and that will enable you to use all the applications that required rooting.
It also allows you to disable the pre-installed apps.
Now, you also have the access to custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more.
So, here the rooting process ends.
Feel free to discuss your queries with us in the comment section.