Micromax is a well-known smartphone brand in India.
And last year the OEM started a new IN series with IN Note 1 and IN 1b.
Luckily, Micromax has once again allowed its users to enjoy custom development by unlocking the bootloader. Here, in this article, we will provide you a step-by-step guide on how to root Micromax IN Note 1 and how to unlock the bootloader of Micromax IN Note 1.
Micromax IN Note 1 is a pocket-friendly phone that packs some amazing features.
Since the device offers a stock experience, you may not be able to customize it as per your choice.
In order to overcome that problem, you can root Micromax In Note 1 to enjoy advanced features and customization.
However, before we head to the sections explaining the unlocking of the bootloader and rooting your device, let us specify a little about the features of Micromax IN Note 1.
Key Features of Micromax IN note 1
- The phone comes with a 6.67-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels.
- Micromax In Note 1 is powered by a 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 processor.
- It comes with 4GB of RAM and runs Android 10.
- The device is supported by a 5000mAh battery.
- The Micromax In Note 1 supports proprietary fast charging.
- Coming to the optics, the Micromax In Note 1 on the rear packs a 48-megapixel primary camera; a second 5-megapixel camera; a third 2-megapixel camera, and a fourth 2-megapixel camera
It sports a 16-megapixel camera on the front for capturing lovely selfies..
How To Root Micromax IN Note 1
Rooting an Android phone allows its users to enjoy certain advanced features that are not available by default.
Once you root your phone, you can enjoy custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more.
In order to root your android device, you must know that unlocking the bootloader or having an unlocked bootloader is essential.
ADVANTAGES OF ROOTING
- One can squeeze the hardware to the highest potential and optimize the battery
- It allows you maximum Customisation
- Updates no longer remain a worry
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of Micromax IN Note 1
A bootloader is the piece of code that runs before the operating system and tells the phone how to boot and find the system kernel.
The bootloader image is always specific to a device because each phone has different specifications and processors.
If you wish to root your phone, then the foremost step is to unlock the bootloader.
So brace yourself and follow the below-given steps.
- First of all, we recommend you to take a full back of your phone data, as unlocking the boot loader may wipe the data off of your phone.
- In the next step, on your phone, go to Settings > About Phone and look for the build number.
You have to tap 7-8 times on Build Number that should show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now, connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Now, you have to go to Settings > System > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
It will ask for USB Debugging permission through a prompt, allow it.
- Also in developer options, enable OEM Unlocking.
It will also ask for permission, click on Enable.
- In this step, you have to install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC or download Android SDK Platform Tools to run ADB and fastboot commands.
- Open CMD on your PC (Open from the platform-tools folder if you have not installed the driver).
- Enter the below command to boot your Micromax In Note 1 into Fastboot Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone boot into Fastboot mode, enter the below command.
fast boot flashing unlock
- A bunch of information will be received by you through messages.
Now, you have to press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader on Micromax IN Note 1.
- Now all the data will be erased off your phone and unlock the bootloader.
You can now reboot your phone into the system.
Your device has now an unlocked bootloader.
Follow the below-given steps to root your phone.
- Make sure to download Micromax IN Note 1 Firmware (the same version which is running on your phone)
- You also have to Download the latest Magisk APK on your phone.
- We recommend you take a full back of your phone.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (or download Platform Tools)
Steps To Root Micromax In Note 1 with Magisk
Rooting an Android phone is a challenging task but thanks to Magisk.
Recently, the developer of Magisk ditched the companion app to provide both Magisk and Magisk Manager with a single Magisk app.
In this application, we will use the Magisk app to patch the boot image using which you can root your Micromax In Note 1.
Follow the below- given steps to root Micromax IN Note 1:
- Extract the boot.img file from the In Note 1 firmware on your PC.
And copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Install the Magisk App and open it on your phone.
- Now click on the Install button right next to Magisk.
- Tap on ‘Select and Patch a File‘ and choose the boot.img from the file manager.
- It will start patching the file which will be stored in the download folder after the process.
- Now you have to copy the magisk_patched image file to your computer in C:/adb or inside the Platform Tools folder.
- Next, you have to open the CMD panel from the same location where the magisk patched image file is located.
Also, change the patched file name to boot.img for convenience.
- Boot your Micromax IN Note 1 into Fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
- Now in the command window enter the below command to install the patched boot image.
Fast-boot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched file reboot your phone into the system using the below command.
- Once you reboot your device, install the Magisk app if not already installed.
Open the Magisk app and performance the in-app instructions.
You are done here.
You can check the you can check the status on any root checker app.
Make sure to allow the rooting process.
Once your device is rooted, you can enjoy certain advanced features.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.