Mi 11 Ultra is the most powerful model of the Mi 11 family to date. With a huge camera module and top-of-the-line power, this terminal arrives to conquer the high-end range. Let’s see everything about its characteristics and technical specifications. In this article, We bring to you key highlights of the new Mi 11 ultra and a guide on how you can unlock the bootloader and root Mi 11 ultra.
Detailed Specifications Of Mi 11 Ultra
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra data sheet
|XIAOMI MI 11 ULTRA|
|SCREEN||Main: AMOLED 6.81 “, resolution 2K, 120 Hz Sub|
panel: AMOLED 1.1″
|RAM||12 GB LPDDR5|
|STORAGE||256 GB UFS 3.1|
|REAR CAMERA||Main: Samsung ISOCELL GN2 50 MP, OIS|
Wide angle: Sony IMX586 48 MP (128º), OIS
Telephoto: Sony IMX586 48 MP, 120X digital zoom, OIS
|FRONTAL CAMERA||20 MP|
|DRUMS||5,000 mAh + fast charging 67W + wireless fast charging 67 W|
|OPERATING SYSTEM||MIUI 12 based on Android 11|
|CONNECTIVITY||5G, LTE, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, IR|
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT||164.3 × 74.6 × 8.38 mm|
|OTHERS||On-screen fingerprint reader, IP68, ceramic body|
So without wasting any more time, let’s head to the section explaining the process of unlocking the bootloader and rooting the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions Related To Rooting And Bootloader)
What Is Rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
How difficult is it to root a device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
How Long Does It Take To Root A Device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of Mi 11 Ultra
Just like every other android phone, Mi 11 ultra also comes with a locked bootloader.
To unlock the bootloader of your device, you can follow the steps given below.
Fortunately, the OEM allows its users to unlock the bootloader with a few simple steps.
- First of all, we recommend you take a full backup of your device in case something goes wrong.
- Now, you have to download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your computer from their official website.
- Also, be sure to install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, go to the settings option of your device, and, login to your Mi Account.
- Once you have logged in then you have to wait for at least 7 days before moving to the next step. and if you are already logged in for more than 7 days, then feel free to skip this step.
- Then in Settings, go to Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’
Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Now you have to open the Settings again and go to About Phone.
Tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version, and a message saying that ‘You are now a developer’ will start appearing on your screen.
- To access developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
In the developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- In this step, you have to turn on the internet connection on Mi 11 ultra with the same number that you used in the Mi account.
Then again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Now turn on the internet connection on Mi 11 ultra with the same number that you used in the Mi account. Then again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- The tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Mi 11 ultra, and all the data will be wiped off your phone.
After Unlocking the bootloader of Mi 11 ultra you can check it by going to developer options.
The OEM unlocking option will be enabled.
It means you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Mi 11 ultra.
How To Root Mi 11 Ultra
After unlocking the bootloader now you are all set to root your phone. Before moving on to the next step, make sure to go through the below-given list of prerequisites.
Advantages Of Rooting
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
Pre-requirements To Root Mi 11 Ultra
- First of all, make sure the bootloader is unlocked.
- Now, download Magisk Manager APK
- Make sure you have installed ADB & Fastboot driver on PC.
- We recommend you take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download Mi 11 ultra firmware (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps To Root Mi 11 Ultra
As of now, Magisk is the only reliable tool that allows us to root Android phones.
And using this you can also root Mi 11 ultra.
- In the first step, you have to extract the boot.img file from Mi 11 ultra firmware.
You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Next, you have to install the Magisk Manager app(that we downloaded in the pre-requirements section above) on your phone.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and click on the Install.
In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- In this step, you have to browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Mi 11 ultra to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
Next, you have to enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Mi 11 ultra.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image and reboot your device to the system.
- In this step, you have to install Magisk Manager and in case you have done it already then skip the step.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
To check the root status of your phone, you can use any root checker app.
You can use different Xposed Modules to customize your phone.
Also, you can install Xposed Framework on your phone to use modules.
Here you have a complete guide by us using which you can unlock the bootloader and root your Mi 11 ultra.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.