Ever since the launch of Club House, it has been the talk of its own for all the good and bad reasons. However, now Twitter has launched an audio chat room called Twitter Spaces. Interestingly, all the chat rooms are public under Twitter Spaces. Here we will provide you a brief review of Twitter Spaces and also how to start or join Twitter Spaces.
What Is Twitter Spaces?
The appealing feature was announced back in June 2020 and is still in its Beta phase. It is a virtual audio platform where you can join a number of various group discussions, debates, etc. Every user has the liberty to join any group chat or community. However, if you wish to start your own space, then you need at least 600 followers on Twitter.
If you happen to join a chat as a listener, then you can react, tweet, or DM on what you listen to, or even make a request to the admin to speak. So, without wasting any more minutes, let’s check out how to start or join Twitter Spaces.
How To Start or Join Twitter Spaces
In order to start a Twitter space of your own, follow the below-given steps:
- There are two options available to the users using which they can start their Space:
Option 1: First of all, you have to locate the composes button and long press on it.
Option 2: Next you have to select the new Spaces icon located on the left side of the screen.
- The second option is that you have to click on your profile image in Fleets and tap Spaces located at the right side of the screen.
- You can invite other people to speak or share their opinions or feelings through emoticons. However we recommend you to choose people wisely who can join your Space with speaking privileges.
- The mic remains by default. So, whenever you want to speak, you have to select. the option “Start your Space”. Next, you have to tap on the Allow mic access button to grant Twitter permission to access the mic of your device. At last, you have to select if you wish to share your Space’s transcriptions with the help of On or Off button.
- You can start recording your Twitter Space.
- We must bring it to your notice that you’ll get three options for who can speak: Everyone, Only people you invite to speak, or People you follow.
- Once you are finished with the chat, do not forget to end it since it is only the creator who can end the chat.
To Join A Twitter Space chat, you move to the fleets section. Locate and click on Spaces. Now, you have to select the spaces you want to join and click on the button Join this Space. Methods to join or start a Twitter Space are common on both Android and iOS. Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.