The truth is that rooting a mobile is not much more complex than installing some application and the advantages we have at hand are many. In this article we will learn how to root Samsung Galaxy A40.
What is the immediate advantage of having a rooted mobile and installing a ROM?
Mainly we get to enjoy the latest version of Android on a device that will not officially receive it and many other amazing features.
FAQ(Frequently Asked questions related to rooting)
What is rooting?
Basically, it allows you to access the entire operating system and further customize your Android.
You can do whatever you want on your device without manufacturer or operator restrictions.
How difficult is it to root your device?
The truth is that rooting the mobile is not much more complex than installing some applications
How long does it take to root an android device?
It usually takes less than an hour
Advantages of rooting your devices
- You can squeeze the hardware to the maximum and optimize the battery
- Maximum Customisation
- No need to worry about updates
- Activate additional or blocked functions
- Detailed control and security
To successfully obtain root privileges, you must:
Follow the instructions exactly;
- Charge the device’s battery by 50% or more;
- Make sure that the model and firmware version match.
If all the points are completed, you can proceed to obtain root rights.
All actions you perform at your own peril and risk!
The administration of the site Rootyourphone.com is not responsible for possible negative consequences for your device !!
How To Unlock Bootloader On Samsung Galaxy A40
Since the release of OneUI, Samsung phones have become more secure.
The release also affected the unlock bootloader process.
However, the guidelines are quite similar but one has to be more careful while following the guide.
If you are nor aware of the unlocked bootloader then you are probably using the device with a locked bootloader.
So in order to root Samsung galaxy A40, you first have to unlock the bootloader, and then only you will be able to root your Samsung Galaxy A40.
The process is a bit time consuming but if you follow each step carefully then your phone will be unlocked.
- It is advised to have a full backup of your Samsung Galaxy A40 as the process will remove all the data from your phone.
- Now, open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone > Software Information.
- Once you open the Software Information, you will find the Build Number.
- You have to tap about 7-8 times on it to enable developer options.
- After the successful tapping, a message ‘You are now a developer’ will display on your screen.
- Now, you have to go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In this step, you have to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in the Developer Options.
- Once you have enabled the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging power off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC.
- A Warning Sign will be displayed on the screen and now you can release both the buttons.
Now, you have to press the Volume Up button once, and Samsung Galaxy A40 will boot into Download mode.
- Long press the Volume Up button when the device is in Download Mode and now the unlock bootloader on Samsung A40 will start and wipe all data.
Now, restart your device and make sure that OEM unlocking is greyed out in Developer options.
If the OEM unlocking is not greyed out in developer options, then wait for a few days and repeat the steps.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A40, your device is prepared for rooting.
In order to root Samsung Galaxy A40, you have to be certain about a few things.
You may please refer to the requirement list given below:
- Make sure to have a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss.
- Then, Download Magisk Manager APK
- Now, you have to Download Odin Flash Tool
- Ensure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your phone.
- In this step, you have to download the Galaxy 40 firmware (use SamFirm or Frija)
- Now, Charge your phone to at least 50%.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40 with Magisk
To root Samsung phones, one can attempt a few different methods such as using Magisk patched files or using a custom recovery.
Here, we will use the patched boot file.
So, if you don’t have a custom recovery then in order to root your Samsung Galaxy A40 you can follow the following steps:
- the very first step, extract the downloaded Galaxy A40 Firmware on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP).
It will be in the tar format. Also, extract the Odin tool zip file on your PC.
- Now, you have to copy the AP file from the extracted folder to your phone storage.
- Install Magisk Manager (canary build recommended) on your Galaxy A40, if it is not already installed on your device.
Skip installing the app, if you already have it on your phone.
Open the Magisk Manager app on your phone after installing it, and click on Install > Install.
- A pop up will appear on your screen, where you need to choose ‘Select and Patch a File’
- Now, browse and select the AP tar file and wait for the patching process to be completed.
It may take a few seconds in order to patch the file.
- Once the patching process is completed, the output file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
- Then, you have to copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your PC and extract it.
- Now, copy the Meta-data folder, boot.img, recovery.img, and vbmeta.img file to a different location and compress these files in one TAR file.
You have to remember, extracting it must directly give these four files, not inside any folder.
- Now, open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC.
Make sure to untick the Auto-Reboot option in the Options tab in the Odin tool.
You can check the below screenshot for reference.
- On the right side of the tool, click on the AP and load the magisk_patched.tar file. (The one that you compressed manually).
- In this step, you have to boot your Samsung Galaxy A40 into Download Mode.
You can refer to the unlock bootloader section to boot into download mode.
- Once your Samsung Galaxy A40 boots into Download Mode, connect it to your PC.
The Odin tool will detect your phone and will display blue color in the first stack above ID: COM.
- Once you have completed all the previous steps, click on the Start button.
The patched Magisk file will start flashing on your phone.
- A Pass message will be generated on completion and then you can disconnect your phone.
- Now, boot your phone into stock recovery (Make sure not to boot the phone into the system).
- From recovery wipe data by selecting the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
- Now reboot your phone into the system and again install Magisk Manager.
Open Magisk Manager and installed status will be generated which means the Samsung Galaxy A40 is rooted.
How to Root Samsung A40 with TWRP Recovery
Easiest way to root an Android phone is through using custom recovery.
It simply requires a custom recovery and then just flash Magisk file.
Guidelines to root your Galaxy A40 are mentioned below.
- First, you have to download and copy the Magisk Zip file to your phone.
- Now, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery you are using.
- Once you have booted your device into the TWRP Recovery, then tap on the Install button.
- Now browse and select the Magisk Zip file.
- Then, swipe the slider to flash Magisk.
And once done, restart your phone.
Once you have rooted your device, you have access to advanced features such as uninstalling default apps, and you can also remove ads using advanced Adblockers.
Feel free to ask if you have any queries in the comment section below.