Despite numerous customization options available to the users, there is always something that cannot be configured to suit the user. In this article, we will guide you on how you can easily rename android applications.
The same is the case when it comes to renaming the applications.
As the data is directly linked to the application’s own AndroidManifest.xml document, which describes the essential information of the application.
It is not possible to modify the title of the applications unless the device is rooted and has the necessary privilege to make advanced modifications in the applications installed on the mobile.
If you need to root your device you can check our rooting guides to easily root your android smartphone.
Luckily, we have found a much easier way using which you can change the name of applications on Android.
How To Rename Android Applications
Method 1 – Using Launchers Like Nova or Lawnchair
The process to modify the title of an icon on Android is simple, and to do it, all you require is a third-party launcher installed on your mobile.
To develop this tutorial, we have chosen to use Lawnchair, one of our favorite launchers.
However, you can also use other launchers like Nova Launcher.
Follow the below-given steps:
- Make a long press on the icon of the app present on your home screen or the application drawer whose name you want to modify.
- Tap on “Customize”.
- Tap on the app name field, and enter the title you want to give it.
This trick also works if you wish to leave the application’s name blank.
It is one of the most used resources when creating good customization on Android.
Method 2 – Using Quickshortcutmaker Application From the Playstore
This is perhaps the easiest way to rename android applications.
You have to follow the below mentioned steps and you will be able to rename android applications in no time.
- Download Quickshortcutmaker from the Google Play store to your android smartphone
- Once successfully installed, Open the application and scroll down to the app you want to rename.
- Tap on the app name and you will see an information bar in the right pane
4. Tap on the option that says “tap to change label”
5. The “rename shortcut” prompt to change the app name will open, Now you have to enter the name you desire and tap on ok.
6. The new name will be visible at the top of the screen now
7. Tap on “create” option at the bottom of the pane to complete this process.
In this way, the title of the app icon will switch to whatever you want.
Both methods are efficient and similar to each other. Tell us which method did you find easier.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.