Ban on PUBG in India was heartbreaking for a lot of gamers since the game was deeply loved and played. The reason behind the ban was the issues concerned with data privacy.
However now, South Korean game developer Krafton has reconstructed it in the name of Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) specific for the Indian market.
Here we will tell you how to play Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) on PC and Laptop.
Earlier, the game was available only in the Beta phase.
Now it’s officially available on the Google Play Store for Android devices.
Players who have already played PUBG on their laptops and computers are familiar with the emulator mode. However, plenty of new players are also interested in checking out the rebranded BGMI game on their computers.
Microsoft has announced that Windows 11 will natively support Android apps and games. Unfortunately, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 users are still not gonna get the Android apps and games support from Microsoft for sure.
Meaning that if you’re using Windows 10 OS or any other previous generation of Windows OS, then you’ll need a third-party Android Emulator tool to enjoy the game on your PC or laptop just like BlueStacks.
As of now, BlueStacks 5 is the only tool that supports BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India) game as an Android emulator app. So without any further ado, let’s check out how to play Battlegrounds Mobile India(BGMI) on a laptop or PC.
How to Play Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) on PC
We are pleased to announce that BlueStacks 5 is officially supporting the BGMI game on Windows PCs and Laptops. We must bring it to your notice that even if you try downloading the BGMI game on your computer using any other Android emulator tool, you’ll mostly receive a message saying ‘Server Busy’ error or any other errors.
After trying to find different solutions, we concluded that having a BlueStacks (latest version) tool on your Windows computer is so far the better option to play Android games or using Android apps.
Step 1. Download and Install BlueStacks 5 on your PC
- First of all, you have to visit tis particular link of official BlueStacks website. From here you can download the latest version of Bluestacks, which is Bluestacks 5.
If you are already using a previous version of this tool, then it is recommended to update it to the newest version. Otherwise, you may get error notices while installing or playing BGMI.
- Once you download Blluestck 5, double-click on the BlueStacksInstaller (exe) file to launch it.
Step 2. Install BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India) on BlueStacks
- In the first step, you have to click on the Install now button to install BlueStacks on the PC.
- Now that you have installed it, open BlueStacks 5 application > Sign into your Google account.
- Open the Google Play Store link from the home page of the BlueStacks 5.
- Go to the search bar and type Battlegrounds Mobile India then search for it.
- Next, you have to click on Install to download and install the BGMI game on your PC.
- Once the process of installation completes, click on Open to start BGMI on the PC using BlueStacks.
[You can also go back to the home page of the BlueStacks 5 and click on the BGMI icon there]
- Similar to the mobile version, you’ll have to sign into the game using any of your social media accounts.
- Now, you’ll also require to download additional content (graphics resources).
[You can either choose to Low-spec Resource Pack: 381.3 MB or HD Resource Pack: 619.8 MB according to your PC’s hardware specification]
- Once you make your choice, click on OK to proceed further.
Surprisngly, if you wish to transfer your previous PUBG Mobile data to BGMI then you can also do that.
Step 3. Remap Keybinds and Adjust Settings on Emulator
You can also remap the keys at your convenience to play the game with ease using the BlueStacks advanced editor option.
In order to do so, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the Settings menu of the BGMI game by clicking on the small upward icon.
- Next, you need to head over to the ‘Controls’ section from the right pane.
- Make sure to select Customize to access the control remapping buttons for the gameplay.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Game Controls’ button from the right-side panel of BlueStacks 5.
- Next, you have to choose the ‘Open advanced editor’ option > Simply assign your favorite keys to access any of the gameplay controls right away.
- In this step, go to the BlueStacks Settings using the keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl+Shift+I’ keys and switch to the ‘Graphics’ tab.
- Now, select the GPU in use to the dedicated GPU for better graphics by clicking on the ‘Prefer dedicated GPU’ toggle.
- Now, from the ‘Device settings’ menu, you have to change the ‘Device profile’ to a flagship device to run the game more smoothly. We must bring it to your notice that do not forget to click on the ‘Save changes’ button to apply changes.
- Here you have to select the ‘Performance’ tab from the left pane again > Turn on the ‘Enable high frame rate’ toggle.
- Set your preferred frame rate by using the slider option.
- Additionally, you can enable VSync if required. [useful for screen tearing issue]
- Whereas turn on the ‘Display FPS during gameplay’ toggle to check how the BGMI game runs on the PC using the BlueStacks emulator.
Step 4. Fix “Error Code: Restrict-Area” Error in BGMI PC (Bonus Tip)
It is possible that you may receive the “Server Busy” message. If you do, then you have to try again. The Error Code: Restric-Area’ error message is displayed on the screen while you try to get into the match or game itself.
So, now you can either choose to play the game sometime later as there may be some server outage issue happening in the background or you are trying to play the game using any other Android Emulators.
If you are using any other emulator, then make sure to switch to Bluestacks version 5 in order to play BGMI on the computer.
Feel free to share your queries with us in the comment section.