Communicating while playing a game works as a cherry on the cake. We are pleased to tell you that communicating with friends on various online gaming platform has become easier than ever. You are no longer required to be on the same platform to be able to communicate with your friend. With the launch of Xbox game pass and the Xbox app for PC by Microsoft, it has become extremely easy to join various Xbox parties right from your PC. Here we will provide you a guide, following which you can join and Leave Xbox Party on Windows PC.
We agree that Discord is a good platform and why not just simply use that to communicate with friends while playing? It is because communicating via Xbox is a better option, as you can easily enjoy group chat on this platform. So, if you have Xbox friends but not an Xbox, then this article is for you. We will provide a step-by-step guide on how to join your friend’s Xbox parties.
Prerequisites for the Process
There are only two basic pre-requisites for the process that is:
- The Xbox app for Windows
- Xbox Account
Join Xbox Party on PC
Without any further ado, let’s check out the process of joining the Xbox Party on PC.
Setting up the Xbox App
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows PC.
- Sign into your Microsoft account.
- Move to the search bar and type in Xbox
- Now, you have to download the Xbox app as well as the Xbox Game Bar.
Majority of the Windows PCs already have these apps installed, so verify the same and download them again, if you don’t find them on your PC.
- Open both the apps by logging in using your Xbox credentials.
Join an Xbox Party on Windows PC
- In the first step, you have to open up the Xbox Games Bar app that you just downloaded.
- Now, you would be able to see a bar on the top of your screen with various shortcuts.
- Next, you have to click on the icon that says Xbox Social. The social Widget will now appear on the right-side of your screen.
- All your Xbox friends will appear before you now, and also you will be able to see if your friends are playing any game or not.
- Now, you have to select the friend whose party you wish to join. You can do this by right-clicking the person’s name and selecting Join Party. That’s it.
Leave an Xbox Party
You are at the liberty to leave an Xbox Party as and when you want. One can easily leave the Xbox Party on PC by clicking on the icon that has a rectangle and an arrow shape. An option to “Leave Party” will appear before you. Once you click it, you will leave the party right away.
Start an Xbox Party On Windows
It is extremely easy to start your own Xbox party on your PC. Follow the below-given steps:
- Launch the Xbox Game Bar app.
- Here, you have to make sure that the socials widget is visible. If not, click on the Xbox Social icon from the top bar.
- Move to the Socials Widget and click on the three dots. Select Start a Party from the list of options.
- A user can easily decide who can join the party, and who cannot. Choose between friends joining the party automatically or join on an invite basis only.
The entire procedure will hardly take a few minutes, and is easily accessible. It is more fun to communicate with friends directly through the Xbox app. Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.