As the first iOS 14.5 beta went live, a few users have already found ways to Jailbreak iOS 14.5 running iPhones Beta.
Apple has begun to implement iOS 14.5 updates in the form of developer beta and public beta.
So, if you wish to Jailbreak your iOS 14.5 running iPhones then this guide is for you.
Here, in this article, we will provide you a step by step guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 14.5.
This guide can be used to Jailbreak iOS 14.5 beta as well as the public build of iOS 14.5.
You may already know that there are no Jailbreak methods available for Jailbreaking the latest iPhones with A12 or the latest chips as of now.
So, this guide is applicable only up to iPhone X and also for iPhones with A11 or older chips running on iOS 14.
Checkra1n is one of the popular and reliable exploits which is available for Jailbreaking iOS 14 for some iPhone models.
It is expected that Checkra1n or Unc0ver may soon release an update with support for the latest iPhones running on A12 or newer chips.
However for now, if you own an iPhone X or older iPhones with iOS 14, then we are pleased to tell you that you can easily Jailbreak your iPhone using this simple guide.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.5
Jailbreaking an iPhone is similar to rooting an android phone.
Jailbreaking enables many customization options on iPhones with the help of popular Cydia modules.
It is widely known that Apple has added support for widgets and App icons from iOS 14 and Jailbreaking iPhones will make this feature even more exciting.
From the two of the famous exploits for iPhones called Checkra1n and unc0ver, one of them is always available to rescue the users.
In this guide, we will be using the latest version of the Checkra1n exploit to Jailbreak iPhones.
Make sure to have a Mac or a Linux PC for the process.
Below we have mentioned the device that supports this method:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
If you own any of the iPhones mentioned above then you can follow this guide.
However, we must bring it to your notice that upon updating the iPhone, you will need to jailbreak the phone once again.
We will break the guide into two sections for easy understanding.
Before we head to the section where the jailbreaking process is available, let’s first mention the prerequisites for the process.
- Make sure to remove the Touch ID, Passcode, Face ID, or any lock that you have enabled on your iPhone.
- The guide is applicable on iPhones with A11 or older chips
- We recommend you to, take a full backup of your device
- For the process, a macOS or Linux based PC is required.
- You can also use this guide for iOS 14.5 & older versions
Steps to Install Checkra1n on macOS
- In the first step, you have to download the Checkra1n 0.12.2 or newer on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded dmg file and then drag the Checkra1n to Application, and it will start installing.
You are required to replace the checkea1n if the older version is already installed.
- Before opening Checkra1n go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Now, in the General tab below, you will see about Checkra1n that it’s not from an identified developer.
Click on Open Anyway.
- A screen asking for confirmation will pop up, so click on Open.
- Now you can use the Checkra1n on your Mac.
Note: The above instructions are for Mac. If you have a Linux, then you can easily install it like the other software.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.5 with Checkra1n
- Run the Checkra1n on your Mac or Linux.
- Now, you have to connect your iPhone to your computer, and the Checkra1n will detect your device.
Don’t use the dock for connecting.
- Do check if you are able to see your device in Finder.
If it asks to trust the device then click on the ‘Trust‘ button.
- Information about your device will now be visible on Checkra1n.
Now, click on Start to begin the Jailbreak process.
- If the Start button is greyed out then go to Options > select ‘Skip A11 BPR check’ (for A11 device only) & ‘Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions’ then try again step 4.
- On the next screen, click on Next, and your iPhone will boot into ‘Recovery mode‘.
- Checkra1n will detect your phone in Recovery and provide instructions to boot into DFU mode.
- Following the steps, click on Start, then press & hold Volume down+ Side buttons together.
After about 4 seconds, release the Side button and keep holding Volume down.
- You can release the Volume Down button once it shows the blue progress bar in Checkra1n.
- Wait for the process and once all done, the iPhone will boot into the system.
- Now, you have to unlock your iPhone and you will find the Checkra1n app on your App menu.
Open the Checkra1n App.
Also, make sure to connect your iPhone to the internet.
- In the Checkra1n, you will see Cydia, click on it and then click ‘Install Cydia.’
- After installing Cydia, open it from the App menu, and then go to the Changes section and Upgrade all selected modules.
- After upgrading modules, click on Restart SpringBoard.
Note: It is a semi-tethered method. So each time you boot your iPhone repeat the steps from opening Checkra1n on your macOS. You will not lose your data or customization through Cydia.
Once you have jailbreak your iPhone or iPad, you can enjoy certain advance features.
One can use Cydia modules to get popular features on your phone.
Jailbreaking your iPhone also allows you to customize home screen that makes the iPhone attractive and eye-catching.
As you know iOS comes with Widget, App drawer, and many other features. Different modules can be used by you to get the most out of these features.
For more guides, stay tuned.
Drop your queries in the comment section.