The Amazon Fire Stick has changed the dimensions of watching TV.
Fire TV Stick is easy to set up and comes pre-registered to your Amazon account so you can just plug it into your HDTV and enjoy favorite titles.
You can watch your favorites from Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Zee5, Sony LIV, Apple TV, and others.
However, obviously, the subscription fee will still be needed to enjoy the streaming. There are people who prefer Google Chrome as their browser over Silk browser as Google chrome is a default browser in many smartphones.
In this article, we will provide you a step-by-step guide using which you can install Google Chrome on Amazon Fire Stick.
The Amazon Fire TV stick has an inbuilt web browser called Silk browser.
This feature comes with a large view and does not suit everybody’s taste.
So, if you are also one of those users who are not a fan of Silk Browser, then this article is for you.
What Purpose Does Google Chrome on Amazon Fire Stick Serve?
A large number of people prefer Google Chrome over Silk Browser, however, Silk Browser is also quite decent, but it is not much as compared to Google Browser.
Google Browser is available across different formats: Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
If your Google Account has been logged in by you on your smartphone, then everything you do on your smartphone’s Chrome will reflect on your PC or TV’s Chrome browser too.
It makes things easier for the end-user as he/she can pick up their work, right where they left off in their other device.
In simple words, whatever site you used or are using on your smartphone, will appear on your TV and you can pick up from the exact page where you left off.
The sites you visited on your smartphone will show up in this history section on your TV’s Chrome browser too.
This certainly attractive feature might encourage you to install the Chrome browser on their Fire Stick TV.
The Fire OS is based on the Android operating system.
So you can easily sideload APK files onto the device and install any android app as a regular app on the Fire Stick TV.
How To Install Downloader on the Amazon Fire TV Stick:
You must know that Google Chrome browser is not natively available in the Amazon App Store, so you will have to sideload it using the Downloader application.
First of all, we will see how you can install Downloader on your TV.
To install Downloader, follow the below-given steps:
- In the first step, you have to launch the Fire TV Stick home and open up the Find menu.
- Now, you have to navigate to the search section.
- Type Downloader here using the virtual keyboard that just showed up on your screen.
- Select the app as it appears in the results.
(It will appear as an application with an orange background with a download icon on top of it)
- After selecting the app, the app page will open up.
Here, click on Get or Download to download and install the application of your Fire TV Stick.
Once this is installed, you are set to download the chrome apk. But before you do that, you need to first enable certain permissions from your Settings menu that will allow you to install the chrome apk file on your TV.
Let’s see how you can do that.
- Press the Home button on your Fire TV Stick.
- Go to Settings.
- Inside the Settings menu, choose the option “My Fire TV menu.”
- Select the “Developer Options” tab.
- Then go to ” Find Apps from Unknown Sources.” It is set to off by default. Change it to On.
If you have followed the above-given steps carefully, you are all set to download and install the Chrome apk on your Fire TV.
You need to follow the steps mentioned below properly, and you will have Chrome running on your TV in no time.
How To Install Google Chrome On Amazon Fire Stick
To install Google Chrome on Your Amazon Fire TV stick, follow the below-given process carefully:
- First, you have to launch the Downloader application on your TV.
- In the search box of the Downloader application, enter “https://chrome.en.uptodown.com/android” and hit the Go button.
- Upon clicking, you will arrive at a web page and from there you can download the apk file for Chrome.
All you have to do is to select the download button here and then wait for the download process to complete.
The duration of the download process depends entirely on your Internet Connection.
- Now install this Chrome apk on your Fire TV Stick.
- After the installation is complete, a message will be displayed on your screen saying that Chrome is installed.
Now make sure to delete the apk file so that it does not consume any of your TV’s storage space.
If for some reason, you see an error in installing Google Chrome, then you should consider removing some of your applications.
Storage plays a major role because if you have too many applications installed on your TV, you won’t be able to install Google Chrome on top of them since the storage is already filled.
The Google Chrome application will require some free space for its core files.
Since the Chrome application is installed on your TV, you can use it according to your preference.
Open it up right from your TV, just like how you open up any other application on your Fire TV Stick.
There are several noteworthy features in Google Chrome such as:
- Excellent and familiar UI
- Google account synchronization across devices
- Multiple tabs support
- Blink web engine for faster browsing
- Downloading apk files on your device directly.
We must bring it to your notice that the in built storage of the Amazon Fire TV Stick is not really much, and by default, we only get 8GB of internal storage to manage everything about our TV.
On the top of that the FireOS also takes a lot of this storage space.
So if Google Chrome does not serve you anymore, you should consider uninstalling the application from your TV.
How To Uninstall Google Chrome on Amazon Fire Stick?
In order to uninstall Google Chrome from your Fire TV, follow the below-given process:
- Press the Home button on your Fire TV Stick.
- Now, go to Applications.
- Inside the Apps menu, select the Google Chrome application.
- Press the option key on your remote, and it will show up several options.
Choose the Uninstall option here.
Upon choosing the Uninstall option, the process will initiate.
Once the process finishes, the Chrome application will be removed from your Fire TV Stick.
For a great and better experience, while using the Fire TV Stick, we advice you to use Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard.
Since Amazon designed Fire TV Stick as a touch device, interacting with more input devices enhances the overall user experience.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section and make sure to check our other guides