In simple words, you can return your Xiaomi to the previous version of MIUI and in order to do that, follow the given steps.
MIUI is one of the most loved customization layers by Android users today.
Its stability, customizability, aesthetics, and performance make the user’s experience incredible on any device.
Like any operating system, it frequently receives updates related to security, correction of bugs and errors, or incorporating new functionalities.
In most cases, everything goes well.
That is, you receive the update on your mobile, and enjoy what’s new.
However, in many cases, this is not the case and you wish you hadn’t updated your device.
That’s when you ask yourself, what to do now?
The simplest solution is to wait for the manufacturer to correct these problems with a smaller update or patch.
If you are not in a hurry and can bear with it.
However, what if you can’t use your mobile properly and smoothly?
What to do in such a case?
This is where you have to resort to drastic solutions like going back to a previous version, in this case, MIUI, so that everything returns to normal while the problems are solved.
Many people do not know how to do it (although it is not impossible, it takes their work) and for this, we have formed this guide, so that you can safely downgrade yourself and enjoy your Xiaomi as always.
Why Go Back To A Previous Version Of MIUI?
There could be various reasons that may lead to downgrading software.
Here, the case may be that upon updating MIUI to the latest version, your device have generated compatibility problems, which is something very common.
In other cases, it is possible that the update has a fault or error directly from its programming, so it can only be fixed by the development team.
In any case, we are pleased to inform you that there is a solution to these problems and that returning to a previous version of MIUI is possible.
Follow the below-given steps:
Steps To Go Back To The Previous Version Of MIUI
- The first and most important step is to back up all of your information stored on the device.
To do this, you can resort to remote storage such as a PC or hard drive.
Also, you can do it in the cloud if you prefer.
It is always better to be safe.
- Now you should know what version of MIUI you have installed on your mobile.
This way, you can avoid installing the same version and not resolving the problem.
To do this, you just have to go to “Settings> Phone information> MIUI version”.
There you will find the information you need, write it down, and follow the steps.
- Once you know the current version of MIUI that is installed on your computer, you should download the version prior to it and that is possible by entering DownMi.
At this point you should:
- Once you have been inside the portal, choose the model of your Xiaomi and the type of ROM (Global / China).
- Find the MIUI version that is currently installed on your computer.
Next, choose the version you have used previously.
It is important to verify the build number very well and that it matches the version you are going to download to avoid any compatibility problems that may arise.
If your ROM is Global , you will have to look for the same. Similarly if it is Chinese.
- Once everything is checked and done properlyly, proceed to download the recovery version .
Important: If the download does not start instantly, simply click on the “copy link” option and paste it into the browser’s navigation bar.
How to install an older version of MIUI?
After the download is finished and with the files in your possession, it is time to install it on the device.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your smartphone or computer (where you have downloaded the file) go to the file manager and save the ROM that you just downloaded in the root folder.
- It is time to rename the file.
To do this, put the following: “update.zip” (without quotes).
- Once the ROM is saved in the root folder, it is time to go to “Settings> Phone information> System update” .
- Now, go to the top right of your screen and select the three dots to access the option to select update package .
Important: If you cannot see this option, you will only have to press the MIUI logo several times to activate the advanced options.
- You can view the ROM that you just downloaded.
Select it and thus the restoration to the previous version of MIUI will begin.
- Once the process is complete, you can enjoy your Xiaomi perfectly with the previous version of MIUI.
As you will see, it is simple and a quick process that, above all, does not require rooting your mobile.
Just follow the steps carefully, consider the recommendations, and you’re done.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.