The Android emojis are fine, but some people prefer iPhone emojis and Above all want to use them in their WhatsApp conversations.
And although there is no native way to change the system emojis on Android, it is possible to use third-party apps and tools with which we can have the iPhone emojis on Android without rooting our android smartphone.
In this guide we explain all the ways that exist to use iPhone emojis on Android, to use them as system emoticons, and, if you want, replace them with WhatsApp emojis.
iPhone Emojis That Are Not Available On Android
Each operating system or platform has its own emojis. Depending on the device or system you are using, you will see that the emojis have a different design than the rest.
Generally, the iOS emoji layout has been used as the standard , and until a few years ago WhatsApp used iPhone emoticons by default , even on Android.
In addition, when using Android, you may find yourself in the situation of finding iPhone emojis that are not available on your mobile, since the operating system you use does not include them.
Two examples are the emojis for the Apple logo and the Beats Audio logo. These emojis are known as “private use”, and are only visible on devices that use Apple platforms.
How to have iPhone emojis on Android
Therefore, the best way to see iOS emojis on an Android mobile is to use one of the tools and apps that allow you to have iPhone emojis on Android. Some of the most recommended are the following:
This app allows you to change the font of your Android mobile without root. Since emojis are built into the system font package, it is possible to change emojis using this app.
To do this, all you need to do is download the application on your mobile and go to the “emojis” section. Once inside, just download the emoji pack corresponding to the iPhone emoticons and install it on your mobile. The process to follow, step by step, is as follows:
- Open zFont and go to the Emojis tab. Download the emoji pack for the latest iOS version (currently iOS 13 or iOS 14).
- Tap the Download button and then “Set”.
- The app will ask you to select the brand of your mobile. Choose from the list of manufacturers, be it Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, or any other.
- Finally, the app will generate a theme for your mobile that you will have to apply through the themes app or customization of your mobile software.
- Finally, the application will ask you to restart the device. When you turn it on again, you will have iOS emojis available on your mobile.
Another similar app that allows you to change the system emojis on Android for those on iOS is iFont, a very popular tool for changing the font on Android devices.
With it, you can choose what type of font to download from among the many that are offered , and even modify the appearance of the emojis for whatever you want. To do this, do the following:
- Download and install the iFont app on your mobile.
- Go to the “Find” tab and look for the latest version iOS emoji pack. When you have it, tap on download.
- Now, go to the “My sources” section and touch the button to add sources. The file explorer of your mobile will open and you will have to look for the file that you downloaded in the previous step.
- When you have selected that file, you just have to tap the Apply button.
- The app will generate a new font that you can choose on your mobile, as long as it has the option to change the default font. You just need to choose the new font that you have downloaded.
That’s it. Now, you will have the iOS emojis on your Android mobile available to be used in any application.
How to use emojis in WhatsApp and other apps
If you have used either of the two applications to change the font and emojis of your mobile, and you have followed the steps we have provided, you should already have the iPhone emojis on your mobile.
To use them on WhatsApp –or other messaging apps–, you just have to go to a chat and open the emoji menu on the keyboard . Keep in mind that, since WhatsApp has its own emojis, you should not open the panel of emojis integrated in WhatsApp , but the keyboard itself. In the image above we indicate which of the two is correct.
Now, you can send emojis using the iPhone emoticon design through your Android mobile. Keep in mind, of course, that other people will see the emojis as shown by the platform they are using.