Google Pixel devices are one of the most loved smartphones as they are both technically advanced and pocket-friendly. The devices offer better hardware, additional features, and the latest Stock Android experience for a few years from its launch. Pixel devices are quite popular in custom firmware development exposing them to some errors or risks too. So, in this article, we have come up with solutions using which you can fix slot unbootable load error on Pixel Devices.
Several reports have been registered where it is asserted that some Pixel devices are encountering this particular slot unbootable error. The reasons behind this circumstance could be an error that arose during the process of unlocking the bootloader or due to an auto-update feature. These circumstances could lead the Pixel devices to get stuck into the bootloader page with this error. There is a high possibility of the A/B partition scheme to be causing this error.
Fix Slot Unbootable Load Error on Pixel Devices
We must bring it to your notice that it is impossible for the Pixel devices to boot into the system if they are stuck in the fastboot screen. Fortunately, there are certain users who booted into the TWRP recovery menu and then flash firmware after changing the slots to eliminate this problem. However, if you are also confronted with this issue, then we suggest you check out the guide we have provided below.
There are three different solutions available for you. We are pretty sure that one of these solutions will eliminate this issue. So without any further ado, let’s check out the guide given below.
Solution 1. Boot Pixel to TWRP and Flash it
There are not many Android devices these days, that come up with a recovery partition. It means that the users cannot directly flash the TWRP custom recovery to the recovery slot. In order to flash the TWRP recovery on your Pixel device, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, you have to press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds to boot your device into the Fastboot mode.
- Download and install ADB & Fastboot Tools (Platform Tools) on your Windows computer.
- Once it is installed, you have to connect your Pixel device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Now, launch the installed ADB & Fastboot tools (Platform Tools) folder on the PC.
- Here you have to type cmd on the address bar inside the folder and hit Enter to open Command Prompt. [If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to run it as administrator].
- Enter the following command line on the Command Prompt window to verify if the device has been properly detected in fasboot or not:
- If the connection has been established properly, then you’ll see a random device ID on the command prompt window.
- Now, visit the official TWRP Recovery website and download the latest version of the TWRP file for your specific Pixel model. [If not available then search it on XDA Developers to get one]
- Now, that the TWRP file is downloaded on your PC, you have to rename it to twrp. [The file name should appear as twrp.img]
- Move the renamed twrp.img file inside the installed Platform Tools folder.
- In this step, you have to enter the following command line inside the command prompt window and hit Enter to boot your Pixel device into the TWRP recovery menu: [Here twrp.img will indicate the file name]
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now, flashing the TWRP recovery file on your connected Pixel handset easily.
- Now, you can easily flash the TWRP ZIP or TWRP IMG file on your device permanently.
- Here, you have to go to Reboot > Recovery.
- At last, select Reboot > Select System from the TWRP Recovery menu.
It is expected that this solution will fix the Slot Unbootable Load Error on any of your Pixel devices completely. If not, let’s check out the next method.
Solution 2. Change Slots
There is also a possibility that this issue can emerge due to an inactive slot that doesn’t have Android OS installed. Hence, you should consider switching slots that you can do by using Fastboot commands or using TWRP Recovery. Follow the below-given process, to do so:
For Fastboot Process:
- You have to follow the same above steps to install Platform Tools on the computer.
- Type cmd on the address bar inside the folder and hit Enter to open Command Prompt. [If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to run it as administrator]
- Enter the following command line on the Command Prompt window to switch to inactive slot:
fastboot set_active other
Steps For TWRP Process:
- Reboot your Pixel handset to the TWRP recovery menu by following the first method.
- Now, move back to Reboot > Check your current active slot.
- Select the other slot and reboot your device again into TWRP.
- Now, your slot has been successfully changed.
- Boot your Pixel device to the system via Reboot > System.
Check if the error has been eliminated or not. If it didn’t, try the next resort.
Solution 3. Force Boot to Fastboot Mode and Flash Firmware
- First of all, you have to connect your Pixel device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Press & hold the Power button for a couple of minutes. The device will restart a couple of times.
- Ensure to hold the Power button further until it gets detected by your computer.
- At last, you have to run fastboot commands on your device via command prompt.
- Download the stock firmware file for your specific Pixel model from the official website.
- Double-click on the flash-all.bat file to start flashing firmware on your Pixel device. [Here we advise you not to disrupt the connection of your Pixel device]
Disclaimer: The process will wipe all the data off your phone.
- Now, you have to wait for the complete firmware flashing.
- At last, your Pixel device will automatically boot into the system. It will fix your problem
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section below to discuss with us.