Fortnite has been a huge success, although the game’s format is not entirely unique; there is a prevalence of shooter-type games in the industry but Fortnite stands out from the crowd.
While enjoying the huge fan base, Fortnite is sometimes confronted with certain bugs and errors which is a common issue for an online multiplayer game. One such error that has been reported by various players in the game is an unusually long loading time in Fortnite which without any doubt is extremely annoying and irritating.
Numerous players are looking for solutions to fix the slow loading issue.
Epic Games team is aware of this issue that causes long loading time while getting into the matches and even exiting matches as well.
The team is already working on this issue and we can expect a quick patch fix for it.
However, if you are any of those unfortunate users who are facing the same error, then this article is for you, as we have come up with certain workarounds that may help you fix the error.
Steps To Fix Long Loading Time In Fortnite
To be honest, this issue could be one of the PC-related issues.
Generally, when your PC overheats or consumers higher system resources in the background, then it may result in the Fortnite taking a longer time to load than usual which is quite common for all.
There could be various other reasons behind the issue as well such as a slow internet connection, unstable network signal, a temporary system glitch.
So we highly recommend to all the Fortnite players to try updating the game to its latest version, updating Windows OS build, updating the game client, rebooting the computer, etc as workarounds.
However, if none of it works for you, then you can give a shot to the below-given workarounds and it may help in resolving your problem.
So without wasting any more time, let’s move to the sections explaining the workarounds.
Solution 1. Close Background Tasks
It is always recommended to close the background running task completely on your computer as it ensures that your system resources are free enough to run the game properly if freezing or lagging a lot.
To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- In the first step, you have to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Then click on the Processes tab > Click to select Fortnite from the list.
- Now, select End Task to close the process.
- Additionally, you can close other unnecessarily running processes on your computer to free up CPU/Memory space.
Solution 2. Check Game Updates
Incase you have not updated then make sure you update Fortnite, as sometimes game updates can also bring several bug fixes, stability improvements, multiple errors, etc.
To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- First, you have to open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Settings from the left pane.
- Now, scroll to the Manage Games section > Enable the ‘Allow automatic updates’ checkbox.
- This will automatically check for Fortnite game updates and install the updates on the Epic Games Launcher.
- Finally, you should be able to fix Fortnite Takes Long Load Times or not.
Solution 3. Update Windows OS Build
Make sure to update your Windows OS Build.
To update your Windows:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically install the update.
- Otherwise, you can click on Download & Install to do so.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
Solution 4. Reboot Your PC
If none of the above stated methods work for you, then you can try rebooting the computer properly.
A normal restart of the game and the PC can simply fix several glitches or temporary cache data issues.
Solution 5. Lower in-game Graphics Settings To Fix Long Loading Time In Fortnite
You can also try lowering the in-game graphics settings to resolve the problem.
Sometimes a higher graphics settings on an average PC configuration may also trigger performance-related issues.
If your problem still lasts, then its better to keep waiting until the patch fix releases.
You can also keep a track of Task Manager for processes whenever the Fortnite game starts lagging or freezing occasionally.
Last but not the least, all you have to do is to wait for developers to come up with a patch fix update for the Fortnite long loading time issue or delay issue properly.
That’s all for now.
Feel free to discuss your queries in the comment section.