iTunes crashes on connecting iPhone, Have you encountered this type of problem? This article provides a complete guide on how you can fix iTunes crashes on connecting iPhone.
By default when you connect your iPhone to the computer, iTunes should automatically start syncing the computer with the device.
Before we get started let’s understand what actually iTunes is and what are it’s uses.
What is iTunes?
iTunes is an integral part of Apple computers, as well as their mobile devices, and even goes further with the option of being able to install it on Windows computers.
But, having different functions, it can be a bit confusing for users who have recently made the switch to Mac or who have a new iPhone.
What is iTunes used for?
In addition to the ability that iTunes has to play multimedia content, it also has another important function for Apple products, and that function is to synchronize desktops or laptops with mobile devices such as the iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone .
That is to say, it is a way to transfer the multimedia files that we have on our computer to our Apple mobile device.
In this way, and since iTunes is available for several versions of Windows, we can synchronize the iPhone , iPad or iPod Touch, to a Windows PC and obviously we can also do it with any Mac.
How To Fix iTunes Crashes On Connecting iPhone
Method 1 To Fix iTunes Crashes On Connecting iPhone – Update Your iTunes
How to update iTunes On Windows
- Open iTunes but don’t connect your iPhone to computer.
- Choose the “Help” option in the upper left corner of iTunes.
- Click “Check for Updates” and install an iTunes update if available.
- Close the iTunes application and restart your computer after the update is complete.
How To Update iTunes On MacOS
- Click the Apple icon on Mac OS X and select “Software Updates”.
- Choose an update for iTunes and install it.
- Restart your computer after completing the updates.
Method 2 To Fix iTunes Crashes On Connecting iPhone- Disable auto sync
- Open iTunes but don’t connect your iPhone.
- Choose “Edit” from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the iTunes application window and choose “Preferences”.
- A dialog box will appear, select the “Devices” tab and then check the box to the left of “Prevent iPod, iPhone and iPad from syncing automatically”.
- Press “OK”. Plug in your devices and see if iTunes still crashes.
Method 3 To Fix iTunes Crashes On Connecting iPhone- Remove any iTunes plug-ins
- If you are using Windows, open this folder: “C: \ Users \ [username] \ App Data \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iTunes Plug-in.”.
- If you are using Mac Os X, open this folder: “/ Library / iTunes / iTunes Plug-in.”.
Next, cut the iTunes plug-in folder from where it is and paste it to your desktop. Open iTunes and connect your iPod / iPhone to computer.
Method 4 To Fix iTunes Crashes On Connecting iPhone- Launch iTunes In Safe Mode
If all the above methods were unable to fix your problem you can try to launching iTunes in safe mode to see if iTunes still crashes when you your iPhone.
To do this, simply press Ctrl and Shift at the same time and double-click on iTunes.
Then you can connect your iPhone to computer to see if iTunes freezes or not.
If you have still not been able to solve your you can try to contact Apple support.