The comment section on Facebook is a great space to engage with people having similar interests. It also increases the reach of your post. However, sometimes a few Facebook users begin to comment on irrelevant stuff on your post thus creating a negative impact on the audience. Here in this article, we have come up with workarounds using which you can disable comments on your Facebook Wall/ Profile.
Each coin has two faces. On one hand, receiving comments from like-minded people can raise the reach, while on the other hand, a chain of negative comments can ruin your post. Facebook is a popular app that is used all around the world. Also, almost everyone is familiar with online frauds and scams happening all over the world. So, if you wish to use Facebook only for personal use and do not want to be bothered with unknown people commenting on your posts, then here you will learn how to disable comments on your Facebook Wall / Profile.
How to Disable Comments on Your Facebook Wall / Profile
We are sorry if you are looking to disable the comment section on your personal account because there is no way you can restrict the users from commenting on your posts. However, you get to choose that who can comment on your posts. Also, it is easy to disable comments on your Facebook wall/profile. Below we have mentioned several workarounds using which you can control the privacy of your Facebook account.
Method 1. Control Your Facebook Privacy
One of the best ways to dodge unnecessary comments by unknown users is to manage the privacy of your account. Facebook allows its users to choose their own audience. It not only control your audience but also secures your account against unknown users. To do so:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the drop-down arrow on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on “Settings” and then Click on “Privacy” option.
- Now, under the Activity Section, you have to click on Edit option, beside the ‘Who can see your future post?’ option. Choose the option from there only as per your want and save the changes.
Method 2. Hide Specific Comments
Facebook has an option that allows you to hide the comments containing specific words. For example, if you choose the word “Bully”, then any comment containing the word bully will remain hidden on your profile. These comments will be visible only to the person who wrote it and their friends. A user has a certain word limit of 1,000 keywords, or upload a CSV file. To hide the comment, follow the below-given steps:
- Login to your account and go to “Settings” option.
- Then, Go to profile and tagging option.
- Next, you have to click on ‘Hide comments containing certain words from your profile’ option.
- At last, you have to write down all the keywords and upload a CSV file. You are done here.
Method 3. Delete your comments
You have the access to delete any person’s comment on your post. It is the easiest and the handiest option. Deleting comments is extremely easy to delete using your mobile phone or computer.
How To Disable comments on Facebook Page/ Group
Unlike the personal account option, Facebook has a dedicated option to disable comments on Facebook pages or groups. To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- First, you have to visit your Facebook profile.
- On the left menu, look for the pages or groups you own or have uploaded a post.
- Now, click on the particular group.
- Scroll down until you find the post for which you want to turn off the comments.
- At last, click on the three-dot icon. Select Turn Off Commenting. This will eventually disable the comment for that post.
However, we must bring it to your notice that if you are simply a member of the group, then you can only turn off the comments on your posts, whereas, if you are a group admin or page admin, then you certainly have more access. Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.