If you are a regular Android user, you should be clear that your Google account is very important within the android operating system. With the default account, you will log into many applications, especially Google’s. So if you are looking for a way to change the default Google account on your android device then you are at the right place.
Adding Google accounts is easy, what can be cumbersome is setting one account as the “default”. In case you didn’t know, The default account is the one that you signed in with the first time when you set up your device. That means that to change it, you will have to log out of all your accounts.
Steps To Change The Default Google Account on Android Devices
Before starting the process you should keep in mind that if you have logged into two Google accounts, you will have to log out of the current default account and this will promote the second account to the default place. After doing so, you will be able to log back into the first account without any problem. Be that as it may, all you have to do is follow the steps that we will explain below.
- The first thing you should do is to go to your mobile settings then accounts.
- Scroll down until you find the Google section.
- This section shows the email you use in your default Google account. Tap it and a small menu will open.
- Tap Manage accounts on this device.
- At this point, you will reach a section of your mobile configuration in which the accounts that you have associated are located and you must remove them to change your default Google account on Android.
- One by one, the accounts you have added and touch the More button at the bottom. Then press remove the account and that’s it, that’s how the Google accounts you have on your mobile are removed.
- When you’ve deleted the accounts, tap the back arrow and go back to Google settings.
- Select the drop-down arrow icon next to your name, then tap Add another account.
- After confirming your identity, a Google login page will appear. Follow the steps on the screen and enter the credentials of the account you want to add as the default Google account.
It is done! It may take a few minutes to import your account , but when it’s done your phone will be set up with a new default Google account. Although it is a simple process, it can be tedious and long depending on how many Google accounts you have associated with your device.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section below and make sure to read our other helpful tech guides