Resident Evil Village is a bit of a combination of silent hill and all other previous horror games and; this one is indeed a great survival game.
The game is almost perfect ranging from high-grade graphics and gameplay and has met the expected basic requirements of all the gamers. In this article, We bring to you a guide on how you can fix Resident Evil Village not launching error by following a few simple steps.
You get to experience survival horror like never before in the eighth major installment in the storied Resident Evil franchise – Resident Evil Village.
Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new storyline begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past nightmares.
Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy befalls them once again.
However, just like every other game, Resident Evil Village is also prone to bugs and errors.
As per the reports, the developers of Resident Evil village are being criticized due to various bugs, glitches, random errors, and most importantly, the game playtime.
Multiple players are reporting that Resident Evil Village not launching on their PC or console which is extremely annoying.
If you are also one of those unfortunate users, then you are at the right place since we have brought all the possible workaround for you to tackle this issue.
Fix Resident Evil Village Not Launching
Resident Evil Village is facing a launching issue that is getting common day by day.
The exact reason for the error is still unknown to all of us.
For now, there is no official statement regarding fixing this error.
But, we are hoping that soon they will do something to fix the not launching issue on PC.
You may rely on the below-mentioned methods until some permanent fix is launched through regular updates.
Solution 1. Update To The Latest Game Ready Driver
For the smooth functioning of the game, it is crucial for us to download and install the latest released game-ready driver to enhance the performance of the GPU.
So we recommend you if you still have not updated your graphics driver, then go and first update it before trying other complex fixes.
There are two methods using which you can upgrade your graphics drivers on Windows PC:
2. Automatic Update
If you don’t have time and patient, then you can opt the third-party application to update your drivers automatically. However, we do not recommend installing a third-party application to update your system software as it may harm your PC.
Solution 2. Run the Game as an Administrator
Another fix that you can try, as this has the potential to fix this type of issue.
So, follow the steps to do so:
- In the first step, you have to locate the executable file on your installed game file folder found somewhere in Local Drive C of Resident Evil Village.
- Then, right-click on it, and from the drop-down context menu, select Properties.
- Now, inside the Properties section, switch to the Compatibility tab, and click on Run this program as an administrator.
Then click Apply button followed by OK.
Solution 3. Update The Related Software To Fix The Not Launching Issue
In case your REV is not launching on your windows PC even after trying all the methods mentioned above.
So, make sure that you have updated the following software as listed below:
- First of all, check if the OS is updated.
- After that, properly install the latest DirectX software.
- You may also check if VCRedist is updated to the newest version
- Now, you have to update the .Net Framework to ensure that your game is running correctly on your Windows PC.
Solution 4. Verify game integrity on Steam to Fix the Not Launching Issue
At times, faulty or corrupted game files might be the leading cause of crashing, freezing, or not launching issues of any application.
Hence, it is always recommended you verify the game files whenever you’re suffering from any game issues.
Follow the steps to verify your REV game file integrity:
- In the first step, you have to open Steam client.
- Now, use your mouse and right-click on the REV located inside the Library section, and from the drop-down menu, select Properties.
- In this step, switch to the Local files, and from the list, select the Verify integrity of game files button.
- After that, Steam will start verifying your game’s files, and if anything is corrupted or damaged, it will automatically fix it.
But, you have to wait for a long as the process may take several minutes or even an hour, depending upon the size of the game files.
Solution 5. Disable Your Antivirus Software Temporarily To Fix Resident Evil Village Not Launching Error
Your antivirus software is might interfering with your REV game, stopping the game from working usually.
You can temporarily disable your antivirus or add your game to its whitelist to get rid of the not launching issue.
It might also be possible that the antivirus software conflict with your software installed on your device.
So, to fix this out, simply perform a clean boot on your Windows system.
Follow the given steps below to perform a clean boot on your PC:
- Using your keyboard, press and hold the Windows logo key and the R key altogether to open the Run. Type MSConfig in the search field of the run box and hit the OK button.
- In the next opened window, you need to shift to the Services tab and checkmark the box in front of the Hide all Microsoft services.
- Also, uncheck all the services except Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA, Logitech, and Intel. Then hit the OK button to make the changes.
- Using your keyboard, press and hold Ctrl + Shift +Esc simultaneously to launch the Task Manager. Then shift towards the Startup section.
- Select the programs one-by-one and Disable them that you suspect might be interfering.
Solution 6. Disable In-Game Overlay To Fix Resident Evil Village Not Launching Error
1) Disabling the GeForce Experience In-Game Overlay
- Launch the GeForce Experience app on your PC. Then, click on the Settings icon located in the top right corner.
- After that, click on the GENERAL panel and toggle the SHARE setting to turn it off.
2) Disabling Steam Overlay
- Launch the Steam client app and follow the path Steam < Settings/Preferences < In-game section.
- After that, uncheck the box located next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
3) Disabling Discord Overlay
- First, you have to launch Discord app.
- Then, head towards the Settings icon. Then click on Overlay.
- After that, toggle the button to turn off the Enable in-game overlay option.
Feel free to discuss your queries with us in the comment section.