The Tom Clancy Franchise owns approximately 40 game titles by Ubisoft and ‘The Rainbow Siege’ is among one of those titles.
The game was released back in 2015 and has gained quite a fan-base.
The game is an Online multiplayer tactical shooting genre video game.
Just like every other video game, this game has its own errors and bugs which are annoying the users. In this article, We bring to you a guide on how you can easily fix Rainbow Six Siege connection error code 3-0x0001000B.
Numerous players are experiencing certain issues with the Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 3-0x0001000B: Connection Error.
If you are also one of those players whose gameplay is being hampered, then this guide is for you.
Like every other online multiplayer game, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is also prone to errors and occasional crashes on the PC platform.
However, it is more confusing since the error only appears with a code that means there is no reason mentioned in the error message which troubles players to find out proper solutions in most cases.
The error code 3-0x0001000B basically prevents players from joining online matches whatsoever.
The error message displays that “Rainbow Six Siege server connection error (Servers are unreachable. Please try again later.) For more information, contact http://support.ubisoft.com. Rainbow Six Siege error code: [3-0x0001000B].”
According to the error message that appears on the screen, it seems that the game servers are having some issues. However, there is also a possibility that you’ve internet-related issues that’s why the game can’t connect to the servers easily.
How To Fix Rainbow Six Siege Connection Error Code 3-0x0001000B
According to the Ubisoft Support team, Rainbow Six error code 3-0x0001000B mostly appears whenever there is a problem connecting to the Ubisoft servers.
As mentioned by the support team, it may be either server downtime/outages or maintenance or the network issue at the user’s end.
In this article, we’ve come with a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out.
So, without wasting any more minutes, let’s jump into the methods below.
Solution 1: Verify and Repair Game Files
The Verification of the corrupted or missing game files is extremely important in most scenarios.
Repairing and verifying the files not only fixes the possible issues of your installed game files but also aids in launching your game in a smooth manner.
The most amazing part is that you can perform the game file repairing process automatically using a game client like Steam or Uplay launcher.
To do so:
Method To be Followed By Uplay Client:
- First, you have to open the Ubisoft Connect App on your PC/Laptop.
- Now, you have to log in to your account > Click on Games.
- Hover over the Rainbow Six Siege game tile > Click on the arrow icon to expand the drop-down list.
- Here choose Verify files > If prompted, select Repair.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Ubisoft Connect will automatically restore all missing or corrupted game files (if any).
- Once you are done, close all running programs, restart the computer to apply changes.
For Steam Client:
- First of all launch the Steam client > Make sure that you’re logged in to your account.
- Now, you have to click on Library > Right-click on the Rainbow Six Siege game title from the left pane.
- Now Select Manage > Choose Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab > Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Now, you have to wait for the process to complete and Steam will automatically verify/repair the missing/corrupted game files.
- Once you are done, restart your computer to apply changes.
Solution 2. Check Server Status
There is a possibility that there could be issues with the game servers at the moment.
So, we recommend you check the server status of the game in order to ensure whether the server is having a downtime/outage issue or not.
To do so:
- Make sure you visit the official Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Server Status page.
- In case, you don’t receive sufficient information from the website, attempt to check the third-party Down Detector Rainbow Six Server Status page.
On this page you can get all the latest reports, last 24 hours details, live outage map, most reported problems, etc.
Solution 3: Use a VPN To Fix Rainbow Six Siege Connection Error
Here we have brought a workaround that is associated to VPN.
You can also additionally use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) on your computer to try using a different server location to connect your game.
There is also a possibility of the game servers being busy or overloaded in your region.
Although the online gameplay can lag due to the higher ping ratio, you can at least understand whether your game is running well in a different location or not.
Solution 4: Update Windows OS Build
An updated Windows OS is essential for updating apps or games.
So, make sure to update your Windows to the latest version.
Sometimes it can possible that there are a couple of pending updates available.
So, install all the pending updated one by one and restart the computer to apply changes.
To update your Windows, follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Check for Updates from the Windows Update section.
- So, if there is an update available or already pending update, click on Download and Install.
- Now, you have to wait for the process to complete and restart the computer.
- Also, you can do the same for all the pending updates one by one.
- Finally, you should be able to fix the Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 3-0x0001000B: Connection Error.
Solution 5. Update the Game
An outdated game could also be the reason behind the bugs and errors.
Make sure to update it to the latest version to fix multiple bugs and errors automatically.
- First of all, you have to open Uplay on your computer > Log in to your account.
- Now, click on the Menu icon > Go to Settings.
- Next, you have to click on Downloads from the left pane > Check the ‘Enable automatic game updates’ checkbox to enable it.
- In this step, you have to make sure to restart the Uplay client to check whether the installed games are automatically installing the updates or not.
Otherwise, you can go to the Rainbow Six Siege game page on the Uplay client and check for updates.
Solution 6. Tweak a Config File To Fix Rainbow Six Siege Connection Error
Another useful method can be tweaking the configuration file of the game where if you change the default game server manually then it should work properly.
To do that:
- First of all, open File Explorer (This PC) > Click on Documents.
- Now, you have to open the My Games folder > Double-click on the Rainbow Six – Siege folder to open it.
- Now, do the same for the folder named “7564b1ec-0856-4f93-8aef-71232c035d75”.
- In this step, you have to Right-click on the ‘GameSettings’ file > Select ‘Open with’.
- Next, you have to choose Notepad to edit the file > Scroll down to the bottom of the file.
- Find a ‘Server’ setting which set to ‘default’ value.
- Change the value to a three-letter code that’ll represent a server.
- Choose a valid server according to your preference.
- Once you are done, press Ctrl + S to save changes.
- Now close the file and try running the game again to check for the issue.
Solution 7. Power Cycle Your Wi-Fi Router
One of the easiest and the best workaround is performing a power cycle to your Wi-Fi router.
It always comes handy if you’re confronted with multiple issues with the network connectivity to the servers.
There are times when your Wi-Fi router can also trigger several networking issues like temporary glitches, cache data, etc. and all of these can be resolved by a proper power cycle.
- First, of all, switch off your router and wait until the LED indicators turned off.
- Now, you have to unplug the power cable from your router > Wait for around 30 seconds.
- Now, plug the power cable back in and Turn on the router.
Solution 8. Update Networking Driver
A networking driver is useful to run network-related ongoing connections on your Windows computer.
It should be updated to the latest version in order to run the system smoothly.
However, it’s not always necessary that the problem is happening at your router or ISP.
An outdated networking driver can also cause damage.
To update it:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager > Double-click on Network adapters.
- In this step, you have to Right-click on the active network adapter > Select Update driver.
- Now, choose Search automatically for drivers.
If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once you are done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
Solution 9. Use Google DNS Addresses
Utilising the Google DNS address can fix multiple networking-related issues as it’s widely used and open for all. Whereas your personal DNS address based on your ISP can experience several blockages or ongoing connectivity problems.
- First, you have to click on the Wi-Fi (Internet) icon from the TaskBar.
- Now, select Network & Internet settings > Click on Change adapter options.
- Right-click on the active networking adapter that you’re using.
- Select Properties > Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click to select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’.
- Now, you have to input 126.96.36.199 for Preferred DNS server > 188.8.131.52 for Alternate DNS server.
- In this step, you have to click on OK to save changes.
Make sure to ensure if the Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 3-0x0001000B: Connection Error has been fixed or not.
Solution 10. Use Port Forwarding To Fix Rainbow Six Siege Connection Error
Additionally, you’ll need to add a few port forwards for your Rainbow Six Siege game servers to run the game properly from your end.
- Open a web browser on your computer > Visit the router’s admin panel.
- Log in to your account > Go to Advanced and select Port Forwarding.
- Make sure to add the following ports manually one by one on your router.
- Once you are done, restart your router & computer and Start playing your game.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.