Minecraft is one popular game among the players and it is being loved by all.
Minecraft is a sandbox-type video game that allows the players to experience online gaming and offers a great open open-world adventure.
You can certainly enjoy limitless possibilities to build, mine, battle mobs, and explore things.
We can say that there is no better alternative to Minecraft as of now.
Here you can build from the tiniest homes to grand castles.
It is an adventurous game that you can also enjoy with your friends. In this article, We bring to you a guide with easy steps to fix Minecraft error exit code 0.
Sadly, there is no game that is free of errors or bugs especially online gaming and the same goes for Minecraft.
Numerous players have reported experiencing certain issues with the Minecraft Error: Exit Code 0.
However, you don’t have to worry since we have brought the solution for you and you can use this troubleshooting guide to fix the error that has been interfering with your gaming experience.
There could be multiple reasons due to which players could be confronted with this issue.
These reasons could be some programs that are not compatible with the Game, using an outdated graphic driver, Java that has not been updated, or any third-party game modes causing errors, etc.
We recommend you verify that your Windows OS build is up-to-date before heading to any workarounds that may help you out.
Without any further ado, let’s move to the section explaining the guide.
Steps to Fix Minecraft Error Exit Code 0
Follow the below-given steps:
1. Close Background Running Tasks
Firstly, we recommend you to check for all the unnecessary background running tasks that utilize system resources and slows down the performance.
To do so:
- You have to Right-click on the Taskbar > Click on Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Click to select unnecessary running tasks individually.
- Now, you have to click on End Task to close it.
- Once you have followed the above three steps, restart your system.
- Finally, you can check if the Minecraft Error: Exit Code 0 has been resolved or not.
2. Update Your GPU Driver
In case you are unsure whether your Graphic Card has been updated or not, you are required to follow the below-given steps to update it manually.
If you are sure that your graphic card is updated, move to the next method Graphic Card is not the issue in your case.
- Start with Pressing Windows + X keys to open up the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, you have to click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on Display adapters to expand the list.
- Right-click on your active or dedicated graphics card.
- Click on Update driver > Select Search automatically for driver.
- The system will automatically search for available updates. If any, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
3. Update Java
If you’re running on the Java edition then you can check whether it’s up-to-date or not.
Having an updated Java version will definitely improve your Minecraft gameplay completely.
4. Perform a Clean Boot
In case if you feel that the error is being caused in the game by the background then we recommend you to hide Microsoft services from your system and then disable all the services temporarily to check if that fixes your problem or not.
Follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you have to press Windows + R keys to open up a Run dialog box.
- Then you have to Type MSConfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Next, Go to Services > Click on Hide all Microsoft services checkbox to enable it.
- Now, select Disable all > Select OK.
- Once you are done, go to Startup > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Go to Startup > Click to select already enabled services (High or Medium Impact).
- Disable the services one by one according to your preference.
- Finally, close Task Manager > Close System Configuration.
- Now, restart your computer to change effects.
5. Remove Installed Mods
Minecraft is also popular for its mods that offer plenty of options to expand the gameplay.
However, a corrupted mod file can also cause several issues to the Minecraft game and errors whatsoever.
So, if you’re using any of the mods then try disabling or removing them completely and check if that helps you or not.
If Minecraft crashes when you’re not using any mods, take a look at the next method.
6. Reinstall Minecraft
This is the last method we have for you, and if one of the above mentioned methods worked for you then we recommend to reinstall the game to fix the error.
However, make sure to take a full backup of the data before uninstalling the Minecraft at the first place.
- First, you have to press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type %appdata% in the field and hit Enter.
- Open the Roaming folder > Open the .Minecraft folder > Delete the options.txt file.
- Next, press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Apps > Scroll down and locate Minecraft > Click on it to expand.
- Then select Uninstall and complete the removal process.
- Once done, restart your computer > Visit the official Minecraft website and download the latest file.
- Now install it again and enjoy the game.
Here we are done.
You can try all these methods to fix the glitch.
Feel free to drop the queries in the comment section.