Star Wars Battlefront II is an amazing action shooter video game in the market that has been launched back in 2017 under the Star Wars Franchise.
It features both single-player and multiplayer game modes.
The game has been appreciated widely, thanks to the stunning graphics and almost perfect gameplay.
Just like many other games, this game is also being confronted with multiple issues with its PC version like Star Wars Battlefront 2 black screen error, startup crashes, lagging, lower FPS count, graphical glitches, etc.
So, if you too are being confronted with these multiple issues you can check out this troubleshooting guide.
It is known that PC games are prone to errors and bugs.
It is not necessary that PC games are not stable enough or have some bugs but issues with the PC configuration, background running tasks, DirectX issues, issues with Visual C++ Redistributables, graphics settings or drivers, and other programs can also trigger multiple problems with game launching or crashes.
One of the most common challenges faced by the players on the StarWarsBattlefront subreddit about the black screen issue.
Steps To Fix Star Wars Battlefront 2 Black Screen
We have found certain workarounds mentioned below that you can try out.
Without any ado, let’s jump into the section explaining the guide.
1. Change Full Screen to Borderless Window Mode To Fix Star Wars Battlefront 2 Black Screen
If you are also one of the players who are unable to see anything due to the black screen issue on your Star Wars Battlefront II game, try launching the game via the Nvidia GeForce Experience app.
Once you get past the black screen, you must change the video mode from FullScreen to Borderless Window.
Attempting this will fix the problem shortly.
However, if the problem remains, give a shot to the next method.
2. Update GPU Driver
Updating the graphics card driver is always a must try to easily fix multiple issues with the display or graphical glitches. We recommend you to follow the below-given steps if you’re not aware whether your graphics driver is up-to-date or not.
- First of all, do right-click on the Start menu to open up the Quick Start Menu.
- Click on Device Manager > Double-click on Display adapters to expand the list.
- Now, right-click on your active or dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for driver.
- The system will automatically search for available updates.
If any, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once done with all the above-given steps, restart your computer to apply changes.
Now run the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game to check if the black screen issue has been fixed or not.
3. Set a Lower DPI & Disable Full-Screen Optimization To Fix Star Wars Battlefront 2 Black Screen Error
A higher DPI level is offered by Windows 10 by default.
However, if you are one of those unlucky players whose system doesn’t run video games properly , make sure to lower down the Windows DPI level and disable the full-screen optimization.
To do that follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly you have to go to the installed Star Wars Battlefront II exe (executable) file > Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now, go to the Compatibility tab > Check the Disable full-screen optimizations tab.
- Next, click on Change the high DPI settings > Check to Override the behavior of the high DPI scale.
- Click on Application > Save the configuration.
- Finally, you have to restart your computer to apply changes.
4. Move to Windowed Mode
There is also a possibility that your game is running in the fullscreen bordered window mode which may cause several graphical issues.
So to battle the black screen while playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 game, you’ll need to simply press the Alt + Enter keys on your keyboard to convert the game into the Windowed mode.
Once you do that, you should be able to see the screen properly and you can play the game efficiently.
Additionally, you can adjust the display mode and graphics resolution from the game settings if your monitor doesn’t support a higher resolution or frame rate.
5. Update Windows OS Build
Make sure that your Windows computer is running on the latest Windows OS build.
If the window is not updated, you can follow the steps below to do this.
Following the given steps will also update the DirectX version and improves bugs.
- First of all Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, you have to click on Update & Security > Click on Check for updates.
- If the update is available, just download and install it.
Once you are done, reboot your computer, and check whether the Star Wars Battlefront II black screen issue has been fixed or not.
6. Repairing the Game Files
We suggest you to repair your game files to easily fix any corrupted or missing data that should provide aid to run the game.
To do that:
- Firstly, you have to launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Next, Go to Library > Click to select the Start Wars Battlefront II and Right-click on it.
- Now, you have to select Properties.
- Now, click on the Local Files tab > Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for Steam to repair the game files.
- Once done, restart your PC and you’ll be good to go.
7. Adjust Desktop Size & Position
If none of the above given methods work for you, try adjusting Desktop Size & Position from the “Perform Scaling on Display” option.
Make sure to switch the option from Aspect Ratio to No Scaling.
If you want a smoother gaming experience, you can try to set the FPS count to 60 maximum.
Here are certain workarounds using which you can tackle the Black Screen error.
Let us know about your queries in the comment section.