Call of Duty Modern Warfare is one name that excites all COD lovers. There are various attractive features in this game such as crossplay, free maps & modes with stunning graphics quality, enhanced audio quality, etc.
However, just like every other game, Call of Duty is also prone to certain bugs and errors and Mouse Lag is one of those features. In this article, We bring to you a guide on how you can fix Call Of Duty Modern Warfare mouse lag in the easiest and fastest way possible.
Mouse Lag is a common issue in various multiplayer online games and basically, it registers a slower input ratio that means the mouse cursor movement runs behind your hand movement.
So, the Mouse Lag issue is quite irritating as it may lead you to either losing the match or getting killed by someone so easily while playing the online multiplayer mode or first-person shooter video games.
Steps To Fix: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue
In case you are also one of those unfortunate players who are being confronted with the same Mouse Lag issue on your computer while playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
Solution 1. Update Mouse Driver
Since you already know that the problem is mouse-specific, it’s highly recommended to update the mouse driver on your Windows system at first.
It should help you to fix the issue because an outdated or buggy mouse driver can obviously start troubling you in gaming where mouse movement and clicks are necessary for real-time.
To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- In the first step, you have to press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, you have to select Device Manager from the list.
- In this step, you have to double-click on Mice and other pointing devices to expand it.
- In this step, you have to Right-click on the mouse device that you’re using.
- Now, select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If the update is available, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once you are done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
Disclaimer: If you’re not interested in performing these steps manually then you can also download and install a third-party driver updater software online to do the job easily.
Solution 2. Adjust In-Game Mouse Settings To Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag
There is also a possibility that your in-game mouse settings could cause an issue with the gameplay.
You can always cross-check and adjust the settings by following the steps below:
- First, you have to launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare from the Battle.net client.
- Now, go to Options > Click on Keyboard & Mouse.
- Here you can adjust Mouse Sensitivity, ADS Mouse Sensitivity, Mouse Acceleration, Smoothing, Filtering, etc settings according to your preference.
Keep in mind that if the Mouse Acceleration and Mouse Filtering are set to a higher value, set them to 0.00 value then try running the game again.
Solution 3. Switch To Another USB Port
Try using a different USB port for your mouse and check whether the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue has been fixed or not.
If your mouse supports USB 2.0 or 3.0 then you can connect it to the respective USB port to make it more reliable.
Solution 4. Change Modern Warfare Task Priority To Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag
There could also be a possibility that the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare task is running in the background and Windows 10 doesn’t consider it as a necessary task.
Here, we’ll recommend you to check the same and change the task priority in order to ask the Windows 10 system to allot more system resources for your game.
- First of all, make sure that the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game is already running in the background.
(You have to simply open the game and exit to the desktop without closing the game)
- Now you have to, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Next, go to the Details tab > Locate the Modern Warfare game task.
- In this step, you have to Right-click on the task and hover over the Set priority option.
- Next, click on Normal or High according to your preference. [Normal is recommended]
- Once you are done, close the Task Manager window and go back to the Modern Warfare game to check for the issue.
Solution 5. Reduce Mouse DPI (Sensitivity) To Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag
In case, you’re using a gaming mouse or multi-DPI mouse then you must give a try to increase or decrease the mouse DPI (sensitivity) value in order to cross-check whether the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue has been fixed or not.
All you have to do is to open the mouse configuration software and try to set the value lower or higher in order to fix the issue.
Well, if you have a basic mouse then you can use the Windows default Mouse settings option by following the steps below:
- Start with Pressing Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Devices > Select Mouse from the left pane.
- Here you can easily increase or decrease the mouse cursor speed as per your preference.
- Moreover, you can choose and select the scrolling speed or sensitivity for your external mouse.
Whereas if you don’t use an external mouse and having issues with the touchpad on your laptop then do the following steps:
- You have to press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Touchpad > Here you can select your preferred cursor speed, touchpad sensitivity, multiple actions of the touchpad clicks, scrolling, zooming, gestures, and more.
Solution 6. Perform a Clean Boot
If none of the given workarounds worked for you, then there is a high possibility that some of the installed third-party programs are conflicting with the system functions that can trigger the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue on Windows.
So, it’s highly recommended to perform a clean boot in order to disable the third-party programs and performing the clean boot. To do this, you have to follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type MSConfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Now, you have to check all the services from the list and click on Disable all.
- In this step, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, click on the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Under the Startup tab from the Task Manager interface, click on the particular tasks which are enabled for startup boot > Click on Disable.
- Make sure to select and disable one by one.
- Once you are done, restart your computer to apply changes.
That’s it for now. If you are still unable to solve this issue you may refer to the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare support page.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.