The device is one of the most affordable and reasonable 5G phone for its price and the optics of the device are a treat for the eyes.
The 5G connectivity support is the centerpiece feature of the new Galaxy A42.
The device houses a 48MP camera sensor on its back panel and packs the Snapdragon SoC, so you can even sideload the Pixel Camera app aka GCam app to capture some stunning images.
Here, we will provide you a guide on how you can download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A42 5G.
Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A42 5G [Best GCam]
The device is quite similar to the previous Galaxy A41.
Both the phones packs the same 48MP primary camera sensor.
However, the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G features a quad-camera module on its back panel, instead of a triple-lens camera.
The stock camera app on the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G has certain features that include Pro Video Mode, Histogram, SpaceZoom, Single Take, and so on. The inbuilt camera application also has a dedicated Night Mode, however, that is not as good as the Google Camera app’s Night Sight.
So, as I stated earlier that if you wish to capture some amazing shots from your Samsung Galaxy A42 5G smartphone, you must download Google Camera 7.3 as it is highly compatible with your device.
There are certainly attractive features in the Google Camera 7.3 such as anticipated Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, Portrait, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, Google Lens, and more.
Step by Step Guide on How to Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
It is quite easy to install the GCam application on your Samsung Galaxy A42 5G, you can simply download the app from the below link and install it on your device.
- Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A42 5G (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk)
- Download GCam for Samsung Galaxy A42 5G (GCam_5.200604.2138build-7.3.021.apk)
We must bring it to your notice that before downloading the application, you must download the below-given recommended settings for the smooth functioning of the GCam.
- Firstly, you have to download this config file on your device.
- Then, you have to create a new folder with the name GCam.
- Now, open the GCam folder and create one more folder with the configs7 name.
- Now, you have to paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once you are done, open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Now, tap on the settings shown (with s20fe-exynos.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Now, go back to the app drawer and then open the application again.
- Firstly, you have to open the application, then swipe down and tap on the gear icon to open Settings.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and tap on Learn Mode.
- Now switch the toggle to enable “Enable Mode”
You’re done and now you can change the GCam settings as per your needs.
HOW TO INSTALL GOOGLE CAMERA ON SAMSUNG GALAXY A42 5G
- Download the app from the above-listed link.
- Now that you have downloaded the application, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now, you have to install the Google Camera.
- Once you have installed the GCam, open the app and allow the app permissions if any required.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
You are all ready to capture blazing and great photos directly from the Galaxy A42 5G added the new GCam.
Feel free to share your queries in the comment section below.