The Pixel 3, 3 XL & Pixel 4 comes with the all-new stock camera application.
The all-new stock Google camera is said to be one of the best camera applications in every aspect.
The smartphones of the Moto G series are now running on Android Pie 9.0, and we are glad to inform you that the latest version of Google Camera can be installed on it.
The Google Camera application has been updated to the latest version (6.1, 6.2, 7.3, and latest 8.0).
The developers have started porting the Pixel 3 GCam Mod for the phones. In this article, we will provide you a guidebook on how to download Google Camera for Motorola devices.
Moto G5, G5 Plus, Moto G5S, G5S Plus, Moto G6 Plus, Moto One Power, Moto X, and Z, all these devices can enjoy the features of the new Google Camera 6.1 apk.
The most exciting feature of the Google Camera app is the night sight mode All the credit goes to San1ty, who has ported the Pixel 3 camera app for Motorola smartphones.
So, now we bring to you the guide using which you can download & install Google Camera for Motorola devices G4, G4 Plus, G5, G5 Plus, G5S, Moto G5S Plus, and Moto G6 Plus and others
Note: The new Gcam Mod 6.1 from Pixel 3 (XL) is available for the Moto devices, running on Android Oreo or Android Pie 9.0.
What is Google Camera?
Google Camera is a mobile app, which enables you to capture some amazing pictures right from your device.
This is only possible with some software implementations, which uses Artificial Intelligence to make pictures look more real.
Features of the Google Camera
Thanks to the software implementations, that make everything possible and the same is the case with Pixel 3 (XL.
It enables you to click some awe-struck shots with only a single-lens camera, and the Artificial Intelligence (AI) makes the pictures look more real and captivating.
Night Sight is one of the major updates to the Google Camera 6.1 and most of the other Pixel 3 camera features.
Like, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & a few more.
Links to download Google Camera for Moto G5S Plus, G6 Plus, G4/G4 Plus, G7, G8, & Moto One Phones
Since we all know that all the Motorola phones have received the Android Pie update, whether its Pie on Moto G6 Plus, Oreo on G5, G5+, G5S, and G5S+.
The released Oreo (Soak Test) OTA for Moto G4/G4 Plus and the lately launched devices have already been running on Android Pie.
So, you can now download the Google Camera mod port and install it on your smartphone.
Below we list Google Camera for Moto G-series (G5, G6, G7, & G8 series phones), along with Moto One Lineup phones (with Moto One Power & Moto One Zoom).
You can use the following list for the downloads.
Here are the download links.
Download Google Camera for Moto G-series phones:
- Download Gcam 6.1 Mod for Moto (G4/G5) Phones (MGC_6.1.021_Potter_v7.1_san1ty.apk)
- Download GCam 6.1 for Moto (G4/G5) Phones (Latest – MGC_6.1.021_V7.1.apk)
- Download Google Camera 6.2 for Moto G6 Plus & Moto G7 Power (MGC_6.2.030_RepoVersion_Bulkin043_V7.1.apk)
- Download Gcam Mod for Moto G6 Plus
- Download Google Camera for Moto G7 Plus (Best)
- Download Google Camera for Moto G8 Plus [Latest]
- Download Google Camera for Moto G9 & G9 Plus
- Download Google Camera for Moto G 5G
- Download Google Camera for Moto G 5G Plus
- Download Google Camera for Moto G Stylus
Download Google Camera for Moto One Lineup phones:
- Download Gcam for Moto One Power (MGC_6.1.013_B-S-G-based_v.0.4_TlnNeun.apk) [Updated]
- Download Google Camera for Moto One Zoom (Pro) (GCam-6.2.030_Arnova8G2_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk)
- Download Google Camera for Moto One Fusion (Plus
Once you have downloaded the Google Camera, we advise you to make some changes in the settings to make it work smoothly and effectively in case of any errors like crash or lag.
Recommended settings For Moto G4/G5 Google Camera
- Firstly, you have to go to Camera app settings > BSG Mod Settings > FIX > set the Black Level Front Camera to 16 (restart the app)
- For Green Tint FIX in Front Camera Mod, Go to Settings > BSG Mod Settings > Green Tint FIX > Green Tint on Front Camera (restart the app)
- Slow Motion FIX: Settings > Advanced > Fix Camera API2 > Disable video slow motion
- Moto One Power: Switch to Front Camera Video Recording FIX, Go to Camera Settings > Both Front & Back > Set the Video Recording Quality to 720p.
Recommended settings for For Moto G7 Plus Google Camera
- Firstly, download the Config Settings, which save the recommended settings.
- Once you have downloaded it, you can extract it using ES file explorer on the root storage.
- Now, you have to create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config (motog7psett.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with motog7psett.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the application again.
We must inform you that the developers are still working on this ported Google Camera application, to make it more stable and smooth in features like Night Sight.
If you find the lags or crash, you can try these settings.
However, you can fix this Night Sight issue with Kernel Adiutor, provided that your phone is rooted.
Fix Night Sight Feature with Kernel Adiutor for Moto G5 Plus [Rooted]:
- At first, Install the Gcam (the above-mentioned apps)
- Now, you have to install Kernel Adiutor from Play Store
- Open the application, and click on Low Memory Killer
- Now, you have to set the values:
- Foreground Applications – 20MB
- Visible Applications – 40MB
- Secondary Server – 80MB
- Hidden Applications – 100MB
- Content Providers – 178MB
- Empty Applications – 200 MB
- Now, open the application settings, then apply on boot set delay to 5.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed it).
How to Install Google Camera on Motorola Devices
- At first, download the application accordingly for your smartphone (from the links available in the download section)
- Once you have downloaded it, install the google camera APK. (You can also find the downloaded app in file explorer)
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
Now, you can capture all the beautiful moments using Google Camera with your Moto smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is Camera2 API is enabled on the Motorola Devices?
Yes, almost all Motorola smartphones come with the compatibility of the Camera2 API, which allows you to install the Google Camera app.
2) Which is the best compatible GCam for Motorola Devices?
The mod port MGC_6.1.021_Potter_v7.1_san1ty.apk works smoothly with the Motorola smartphones.
It supports all the Pixel 3 Camera app features like Night Sight Mode, PhotoSphere, AR Stickers, Portrait Mode, and other features as well.
3) Is Google Camera with Night Sight works on the Moto One Power or Moto One Zoom?
Yes, the latest GCam 6.1 port works fine on the Motorola One Power & other Motorola devices.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment box.