Fortnite is no longer available on Google Play but it does not mean that you can not download and install the game on your Android mobile. There are several ways to download Fortnite APK on your android phone and we cover them all in this step by step guide.
Google’s decision to remove Fortnite from the Play Store – just a few months after its publication – has not caught Epic Games by surprise.
The developer was prepared for a situation like this and had ensured that players could download and update Fortnite from outside the Google Play Store.
But doing so, of course, can carry some risks that could endanger your mobile. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the source from which the game is downloaded is completely safe .
In this guide, we explain how to download Fortnite on your mobile without problems.
How to download Fortnite APK for Android
Since its launch on Android in 2017, Epic Games has offered the ability to download and install the Fortnite APK from outside of Google Play on Android devices.
Therefore, the fact that the game has been removed from the store should not be a problem.
If you want to download Fortnite on your device , you can do it by following these simple steps:
- First of all, make sure you have allowed the installation of applications from unknown sources.
- Now, head over to the game’s download page on the Epic Games website
- Tap on the button that says “Get it in the Epic Games application.”
- Install the app that will download automatically.
- Go to the home screen and find the “Epic Games” app that was just installed. Open it.
- On the initial screen of the app, tap on Fortnite and then tap the yellow button that says “Install”.
- Wait for the download to finish and accept the game installation.
That’s it. Now, you can open and play Fortnite on your Android mobile .
How to install Fortnite on your Samsung mobile without downloading the APK
If you have a Samsung Galaxy mobile compatible with Fortnite , the process to install the game on your mobile is even easier, since Fortnite is available in the Galaxy Store . These are the steps to follow:
- Open the Galaxy Store and sign in with your Samsung account if necessary.
- Touch the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner, and in the search engine enter “Epic Games”. If the application does not appear, you can directly access the publication in the store from its link .
- If a warning appears stating that the app is not compatible with your mobile, ignore it by tapping on “OK”.
- Install the Epic Games app. Now, you just have to follow the steps to install Fortnite that we have detailed in the previous process.
How to download Fortnite on unsupported mobiles
The two aforementioned processes are intended to download and install Fortnite for compatible Android devices. But, since not all devices are compatible with Fortnite, there will be those who will have to look for alternatives.
One option that works is to install the modified Fortnite APK for unsupported mobiles. However, you must bear in mind that it is a version of the game not signed by Epic Games.
This implies that the developer could ban the accounts of those players who use this port of the game.
In addition, it has the disadvantage of not updating to the latest version automatically. Therefore, it will be necessary to manually download and install the APK of each new version. For it,