It is known that both ADB and Fastboot drivers perform different functions, however, both can be installed using one tool. You heard us right, all you need is to download ADB & Fastboot drivers, and we have mentioned the link below.
These drivers play an essential role if you wish to connect your phone with the PC. If you want to flash or install any file on an Android phone using a PC, then an installed ADB fastboot driver is necessary. Without these drivers, your PC will not detect the phone.
Application of ADB & Fastboot drivers is required in the cases when you want to:
- Unlock the Bootloader and root a phone
- Install TWRP recovery
- Flashing any zip file
- Installing custom ROMs
- Fixing Bootloop issues
- Flashing Fastboot ROM
So we must bring it to your notice again that if you wish to enjoy advanced features on your device, then you must install ADB & Fastboot drivers first. These drivers can be installed very easily Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Without any further ado, let’s move to the section explaining how to install ADB & Fastboot drivers and how to use both drivers.
Download ADB and Fastboot Driver on Windows PC
As we know that both the drivers are needed in most cases even to connect the phone with PC. And if you want to enter in development or testing then you need these drivers very often. The download file of ADB and Fastboot driver is about 9MB. And the installation procedure will just take around 1-2 minutes. Thanks to the XDA member Snoop05 who made it possible. Below you will find the download link of ADB & Fastboot Drivers.
Install ADB and Fastboot Driver on Windows PC
Once you download the ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC, let’s move to the installation process which will take only a few seconds of yours. To do so, follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Run the ADB & Fastboot setup as an administrator.
- A command prompt window will appear on your screen with pre-written tasks.
Now, you have to enter the following:
- Install ADB system-wide? – Y and press enter.
- Do you want to install device drivers? – Y and press enter.
- Now, when you press Y on the last command, a pop up will appear on the screen.
- Click on Next and after the process click on Finish
Upon successfully following the above commands, you will install the ADB and Fastboot Driver on Windows PC.
How To Fix ADB & Fastboot Drivers not Installed Properly
If the connected device does not appear on the list even after successfully installing it on your Windows PC, then you can fix it by updating the driver.
To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- Open Device Manager and then it will show the yellow icon on the connected device.
- Next, you have to right click on it and then click update driver.
- Click on Browse from the desktop then click on Let me pick.
- Now, you have to select Android option.
- Select bootloader if you are using fastboot mode and then Install or you can also select ADB Interface options for the adb connectivity.
Following the process will fix the issue entirely.
Pros of ADB Drivers
The full form of ADB is Android Debug Bridge and the name in itself justifies the meaning. It consists of Android SDK files which facilitates single installation meaning that you don’t need to install drivers for different devices, the one-time installation will be applicable on all the devices.
It arranges the connection between a phone and a PC. It helps in performing various other functions such as copying files between computer and phone, installing and uninstalling apps using pc, control the phone from shell commands, etc.
Pros of Fastboot Drivers
Fastboot drivers perform functions that are similar to ADB Drivers which is connecting the phone with PC. However, it works only when the phone is in Fastboot mode. It supports flashing files into the system.
That’s all we have for now. Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section.